FOUR

If It Still Makes You Cry.
It Still Hurts....

                       -Parth

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Jahangir observed her every action with a hawk eye, boring daggers at her reaction. There was no need to hide herself in Aday jaan’s arms.

He wasn’t that scary ?! Was he ?

Yes, she was overreacting!

Rolling eyes at Aria’s reaction or say overreaction, Jahangir paced towards Aday jaans side and took his seat near her toes, ignoring the dramatic snort of his grandfather who was silently glaring at him.

“Aria.” poking her toes, he called her but all he heard was a whine from her side, which wasn't even directed towards him.

“Aday jaan!!”

Poor Jahangir was so confused as to why she whined, when all her tried was to initiate talk with her but then one look from his grandmother let him knew, that the tone in which he called her was the place where he went wrong.

Apparently, he called her in the same demanding, strict tone, he used upon her and Aria being super sensitive at the point, took it to her heart and called Aday jaan to protect her from him.

She feared that he had called her to take her class.

Jahangir groaned inwardly at his mistake but before he could correct it he heard Aday jaan’s voice “Go away from here Jahangir. Main nahi chahta aap meri jaan ko aur aziyat dein.” he was all serious when he said that and having said that his glares increased ten folds more, making his long nose turn red with anger, but Jahangir knew very well how to handle grumpy old grandfather of his.

(I don't want you to give more pain to my life.)

And it was to change the topic and distract his mind towards his wife.

“Kal to aap amma jaan ko apni jaan keh rahe the Aday jaan.... To aaj---” Rasing his perfect eyebrows, he teased his grandfather watching his ears turning red, getting caught romancing his wife by his grandson.

(Yesterday you were saying that amma jaan is your life... Then why are you changing your statement today ?)

Aria, who was till now hiding in her grandfather’s arms immediately looked up with a gasp not able to believe what Jahangir was saying.

Her innocent self wasn't able to believe that old people romance too and thus she was now looking between both her grandparents watching them squirm in discomfort with her innocent eyes, Jahangir enjoying their discomfort.

“Chup badmaash!” a beetroot Mahira begum exclaimed slapping Jahangir’s shoulder, feigning glaring at him, pleading him to stop but he was enjoying the show too much to stop.

(Shut up! You naughty guy!)

“Amma jaan main to bas ek ache pote hone ka farz nibha raha hu. Aday jaan ko sirf aapko jaan kehna chahiye. Nayi ?” pretending all innocent Jahangir said watching Aday jaan finally getting out of his embarrassed state, answering him in a proud tone.

(I am just being a good grandson amm jaan. You should be the one and only for aday jaan. Right ?)

“Aria meri sabse zyada azeez jaan hai Jahangir and I'll continue calling her my jaan....” aday Jaan’s affectionate words made Aria so happy that she cheerfully kissed his cheeks and purred like a cute kitten, settling her head over his chest, showing tongue to her amma jaan who chuckled at her antics but glared at her husband who was petting the head of his favourite granddaughter.