Chapter 4 - Funeral

Over the next few days I started planning the funeral with Alfred's help. Bruce was hardly ever around and the boys did their own thing. One thing Bruce did though was said he would pay all of the funeral finances. I was grateful since that would make it easier.

I had chose the place to be where her parents and uncle were buried. Then I chose to invite all the demigods that knew her, all of her friends and along with everyone that knew Paul. But the service would begin in the church that she and Paul got married in. There everyone would give their speeches before they were buried.

I went to my room after finishing to work on what I would say. I thought for a long time but I couldn't think of anything to say that would fit. I sat down at the desk in the room with frustration. I looked at the desk and saw blank sheet music. After that I got to work knowing what I was going to do.

Few weeks later

I got up and took a shower dreading today since it was the day of the funeral. I went to the closet and got the outfit that I chose. Everyone was waiting in formal suits that fit the occasion. Then silently with me holding the two roses I planned to lay on mom's coffin we got into the limo and went to the church.

Third POV

When Percy and the Wayne's arrived Percy was whisked off by people. She kept thanking everyone for coming and for their condolences. She had tears but wasn't letting them fall. Everyone she invited had arrived along with the gods that knew her mother. With them there not a single monster sighting was reported. Soon it came time for their speeches. Percy opted to go last so people started their speeches.

"Sally was my friend in college. She was older than me but that didn't change anything. She was kind, welcoming and above all a good person. She never turned a blind eye to anyone and if someone was struggling she helped. When I found out she was a single mom that didn't change my view of her. In fact it made me admire her. She brought a new life while putting her life on hold. She is the example of who I want to be like. A person who is kind, caring, loving and above all a guiding light to us all." People had tears in their eyes since it was Sally cover designer who said this. Everyone went soon it was Bruce's turn then after him Percy would go.

"Me and Sally were best friends when we were children. She always saw the goodness in everything. We had grown up in Gotham so it should of been hard. But no she saw all the goodness and seemed to look past the crime, filth and criminals that roamed the streets at night. We lost touch after she lost her uncle but I never stop thinking about her. She was a person everyone wanted in their lives. The way that the darkness in you never affected you. She guided and supported your decisions. Even when she didn't agree. So with a heavy heart and mind I am sad to say my goodbyes to a wonderful person." He got off the podium and joined his family. Everyone was now in tears. When Percy got up and went to the podium she looked at everyone with her eyes closed for a few seconds.

 When Percy got up and went to the podium she looked at everyone with her eyes closed for a few seconds