Chapter 8 - Gala

Instead of trying to restrain her like most would he started to talk to her.

"Percy, it's me Dick, your safe and sound. No one here wants to hurt you. We care about you. I'm here to help your okay." He said before reaching his hand slowly forward and started rubbing circles on her back slowly. She stopped sobbing and tossing to just whimpering a little. He continued to rub her back. Percy in her sleep grabs Dicks arm and grips it tight. Dick looked shocked since he had just tried getting up. He looked at his family and saw them trying not to laugh or where looking smugly at him. He had the suspension that they felt this was his punishment for having Percy help him prank them.

No matter how hard he tried to get her to let go she wouldn't. In fact it seemed the harder he tried to get her to let go the tighter her grip would get. He finally gave up after it felt like she had stopped some of the blood flow to his hand. By then the rest of the family had gone to bed so he just went to sleep while trying to keep a few inches of space between them.

Percy POV
In the morning

When I woke up I felt amazing. I felt warmth wrapped around me which I smiled and snuggled into. The warmth seemed to like it since it held me tighter. Wait! Held me tighter. I opened my eyes for my view to be a chest. When I looked up I saw a sleeping Dick. I felt my face warm up at the position we were in. I tried to get out of his arms but he only pulled me closer enveloping me in his warmth. I sighed resigned myself to staying like this until he woke up.

I wiggled around but couldn't get free since the blankets had mine and Dick's legs tied up. I looked up and he was still asleep even though I have been moving around quiet a bit. I heard the door open with some footsteps. I stopped moving to listen to the foot steps. Light, quiet but heavy of a grown man. Steady and no hesitation. I smirked figuring out who it was.

"Bruce can you wake up Dick." The footsteps stopped but I heard a deep chuckle. Before they resumed and I was able to see Bruce.

"Sorry Percy when Dick is asleep it would take a miracle to wake him up." I smirked at that before going through everything I knew about him before trying something.

"Bruce you may want to take a few steps back." I listened to his footsteps as he took a few steps back. I smirked before speaking loud enough for Dick in his sleep state to hear.

"Dick, Jason is trying to strangle Tim along with trying to shot Damian and Damon's is trying to decapitate Jason." The affect was almost right away. He sprung up while falling on his face with the blanket tangled around his legs. Bring me to the edge of the bed due to the blankets being around my legs. Causing me and Bruce to laugh. Dick got up and glared at us but it was hard to take serious with his red since he was blushing and from kissing the floor.

"Not funny Percy." I gave him my best angel eyes and smile but it ultimately failed since I couldn't help but laugh. He pouted which I will deny with all of my will power that it didn't make my stomach do flips.

"Alright you two let's head down to breakfast before Alfred starts putting it away." Nodding I got up and went to the dining room where everyone was hanging out. I looked and saw there was still plenty of food. So like a completely normal person I loaded my plate up with a little bit of everything and dug in.

"Good morning Miss Persephone did you sleep well?" Alfred asked when he came in with his calm butler expression. I swallowed the pancake I had in my mouth before answering him.

"It was good Alfred but can you please stop calling me by my first name? Only people who really don't like me call me that." I took notice everyone was watching Alfred to see what he did. I smirked inwardly as I pulled out the baby seal eyes on Alfred. He stared for a long time before smiling at me.