Chapter 2 - Moving

After the teens left the police arrived. They looked tired but that didn't seem to stop them from kicking me and the boys out of the room.

Percy POV

"Ms. Jackson we are here to question you about what happened when you and your family was attacked." The officer with green eyes and a sneer on his face. I nodded and waited for them to start.

"Well let's begin, what alerted you that the intruders were there?" I stayed quiet for a long time before answering.

"I had just woken up from a nightmare when I heard a crash and scream. I raced out and saw the intruders standing over my parents body. They noticed me and came after me next. I fought back as hard as I could and ended up fending them off but not without getting injured." I said staring at my hands trying to figure out what to do next. Along with what Apollo met by Mr. Wayne can take me home. I have no home.

"Alright next question, what did they look like?" The man with red eyes and extremely strong build. I swallowed and thought about how Kelli and Thorne looked.

"One was a woman. She had dark skin, curly dark brown hair and red eyes. While the other was a man. He had grey hair, one blue and one brown eyes and tall. That's all I can remember." Percy explained wanting this to end but knew it wasn't until they were satisfied.

"Here's the last question then we're done. Where there any threats made towards you and your family of any kinds?" I stayed silent for a long time not wanting to think about that. I had thousand's of threats and enemies. But mom and Paul had none. It was all my fault I felt tears form in my eyes but I didn't let them fall. I sighed before looking up at them and answering.

"No. They were well loved. Paul was a high school english teacher while mom was an author. They were trying to have a child together and I was excited to have a younger sibling life was looking up for us." I said wishing that they would just go away. I watched as they wrote down my a sweet before getting up and leaving. I sighed in relief but then came in the man and the four teenage boys.

Bruce POV

When the police exited the room me and the boys went in. When I saw Percy she looked defeated and miserable. But some how she kept from crying I grew frustrated when she avoided eye contact. She hasn't once looked me in the eyes making it hard to get a good read on her.

"Perse-" I was about to say her name when she intrupted me.

"Percy. I go by Percy only those I don't like and when they don't like me use my real name." I nodded making a mental note about that.

"Percy when the police called me they informed me that your mother named me you godfather." I watched her reaction. For a long time she simply stared at her lap most likely trying to cope with what just happened and what I told her.

"Why didn't my mom tell me?" She whispered to herself but I heard it along with the boys. I gripped her shoulder but in a caring way speaking.

"Sally always had a big heart. She knew when to keep secrets and when not to. But one thing that me and you can most likely agree on she was an exrodinary person who didn't deserve the fate she was given." Percy looked at me for the first time and I was taken back by her eyes.

They were sea green but that wasn't it. There were different hues of blue and green mixed in always shifting and changing like the sea. The unshed tears gave her eyes a glossy look but what worried me wasn't their color but the look they gave off. They looked as if someone had broken the most rare and valuable gem in the world and tried to put it back together. But couldn't since some pieces were either missing or wouldn't stay in place. She had the eyes of a war veteran. It was interesting to me but I didn't ask since I knew that it would be a while before she started to open up to me. Just then doctor Fred came in with a smile.