Chapter 5 - Sparks Fly

The boys were silent as they thought about what they just heard. But went back to the cave. Not long after Bruce came and he had a thinking expression. Damian like always spoke first.

"What where you talking about with Jackson?" Bruce stopped and looked at the boys. Before going to get into his Batman suit. He then went and pulled up the audio of Percy room and called Wonder Woman. Bruce assumed Percy would want to tell them herself. The boys listened to the recording of their conversation when it finished they were enraged. Dick though seemed even more so than the others.

"Batman to Wonder Woman come in." The boys stood behind Bruce as he made the call all of them wearing domino masks.

"Wonder Woman to Batman I'm listening what do you need?"

"Come to the batcave and bring Aquaman I need to have a word with the two of you." There was silence for a while before Wonder Woman responded. While he waited he sent the boys to a different part of the cave so they couldn't listen in.

"We're on our way Wonder Woman out." Then not long after the two leaguers came through the Zeta Tubes. They were nervous wondering what could of gotten the dark knight wanting to speak with them at his cave.

"What is it Batman?" Aquaman asked unsure what this was about.

"Does the name Persephone Jackson ring a bell for either of you?" He asked deadly calm. The two pale at the same time before looking at each other. "Because she is my goddaughter and she told me that I can find out more from you two about her father." There was an edge to his tone as if warning them to be careful since he was already in a bad mood.

"Err, yes she is the daughter of Poseidon and the greatest hero of all times. She saved the world twice but in the process lost her closest and dear friends. Her cousins are the only ones she is close with now. And they don't understand her like her other friends did. Why?" Wonder Woman asked after giving Batman the bare minimum.

"Because her father plans to marry her off. Right after she buried her mother and to add on she doesn't want to get married and hates her title as the princess of the seas." He growled out at them. The two leaguers stood in stun silence for a while before Aquaman spoke.

"The princess is living with you?!" He nodded while also glaring at him since the tone he used was disbelief and mistrust.

"Yes, Aquaman her mother named me as Persephone godfather if something were to happen to her. Do you have a problem with that?" The glare was hardening as Batman was talking.

"No, I was just surprised that's all." Batman nodded before telling them that he needed to get to patrol but not before threatening them that if they interfere or trying anything while Persephone is recovering from everything they'll meet his rath. He then called the boys back at the end. They weren't sure what conversation was about but knew better then to press the dark knight.

"Hey I'll stay behind to make sure that Percy won't do anything irrational." Dick spoke up. Everyone nodded but sharing a knowing look as he walked up the stairs. When Dick for there he went to Percy room when he got there the door was open. So he poked his head in to see her eyes closed and strumming her guitar. He cleared his throat as he walked in. Percy eyes snapped open and she looked at him. She smiled and put her guitar down. Dick sat at the end of the bed but neither said a word for a while before it became too much for Percy.

"Sorry about crying all over you and falling asleep on you that one time in the gym." Dick chuckled before looking at Percy.

"It's fine, plus I figured you needed it with everything you've been through. Also I wanted to give you a heads up. Bruce is gonna announce you to the world so there's gonna be a gala." Percy was quiet for a second before groaning.