Chapter 9 - Secret

Percy felt herself get half shoved roughly and half dragged towards an area. The knife not moving from where it was position on her neck. She felt eyes on her and a few gasps were heard. A gloved hand grabbed her chin and turned her head side to side. Then she heard hysterical laughter boarding on to crazy.

"Well it looks like the Wayne's new member needs to know of the tradition." The voice to Percy sounded crazy causing her to try and place it. But she couldn't. She didn't know that much about Gotham.

"Leave her alone Joker!" Bruce shouted but the Joker simply laughed some more. He looked at Percy with the unhinged gleam in his eyes.

"I'll let her decide. Either she gets to be held as a hostage at my base or she gets thrown into acid and become like me." Everyone watched worriedly as Percy who was standing up straight looked at Joker. Or where she had heard his voice coming from.

"Neither. It's my choice meaning I get to decide my fate. You didn't say pick." They held their breath staring bugged eye ta her and the Joker. Joker seemed stunned for a moment before laughing manically. The knife against Percy throat seemed to be pressed in deeper.

"Well played missy but that's not how I do things. Nonono you decide unless the bat comes." The watched Percy take a small breath.

"Why do you want a bat hear it can't do anything?" People paled some more while a few coughed to cover up their snickers.

"Your new to Gotham huh? Well the bat I want isn't the animal or sport equipment. No the bat I want is Batman. He is the vigilante that protects Gotham and my nemesis." Percy cocked her head to the side.

"But why do you want a nemesis?" People were watching impressed that she was staying calm in her situation. And kept the Joker distracted. No one seemed to notice that Bruce and Damian sneak out.

"Well you see missy a nemesis is someone you can bond with while also tormenting, pushing to the edge and over all trying to kill. Now tell me if that is a good reason to have a nemesis." Percy tried to show she was thinking before answering.

"Wouldn't it be better to get help rather than just hurt people?" Percy asked the Joker. Before he could answer the window broke showing Batman and Robin. They fought and was soon able to subdue all of the Joker minions. But they heard shouts and screams. They turned and saw that Joker was holding Percy while backing up knife pressed even harder to her neck.

"I wouldn't move Batman! Unless the you want the newest member of the Wayne's to be dead!" He lightly glided the knife across Percy neck. He gripped her tighter. He slowly moved the blade until it was resting on her chest. Batman and Robin stood still trying to find a way to save Percy and stop the Joker. But then they heard barking.

Batman and Robin turned to see a huge black dog jump of the shadows. With huge razer sharp claws, eyes that were so red they reminded them of blood. The fur of the huge dog seemed to almost take on a shadowy appearance. The dog pounced on the Joker making it so Percy could get away. They listened to the people around them to see what they thought of the huge dog.

"-gorgeouse Labrador-"

"-wish I had a dog like that-"

"-protective of Persephone."

When they looked at the dog again they saw it was flickering between the monster dog to a slight larger than average Labrador. Not because of weight but because muscles. It was holding Joker down while glaring and growling at it. Percy hurried over to the dog.

She seemed to be whispering to it. The dog whined before nudging her with it's nose and ran into the shadows disappearing. The Joker didn't get up and when the police arrived it was announced that he was knocked out. The Gala soon ended after that. Bruce and Damian snuck back before anyone could notice that they were gone. The police found Dick unconscious in the garden. And with the help of Percy they were able to figure out that Percy and Dick were talking when Joker explosion that caused that knocked Dick out.