Chapter 13 - Reality Check

Percy POV

"Alright, soon-to-be true olden heroes. I'm gon-" I started as I stared out into the group of superheroes. But of course one of the ego-inflated guys had to cut me off.

"We are heroes little lady." Green Lantern called out from the back. I glared hard at him but still wasn't my full wolf glare. He gulped but showed no other signs that the glare scared him. Hopefully, this won't become a normal thing for them to do.

"Listen closely to me if you want the world to survive. I am gonna set some rules into place and if any of you have a problem with it take it up with Clarisse in the arena." I snapped back before taking a few deep breaths to calm myself. " Rule number one listen then speak. Rule number two watch then do after it's explained. Rule number three think before you speak and rule number four learn what's going on and act accordingly to that. But it looks like none of you are gonna take this seriously until you are given a reason. So I will take you all somewhere to show you that this isn't a joke. Or a conspiracy planned by the people who want you dead." I said to them keeping a calm exterior but on the inside, I was freaking out. I never thought I would have to go to the memorial field twice in one day. I led them to Salena's first. I then turned to them trying to keep my emotions under control. But even that didn't stop the racing of my heart or the what-ifs in my head swirling around.

Damian POV

I watched Jackson as she tried to wrangle in the idiots that formed the Justice League and the Young Justice. But after Green Lantern said they were heroes I saw something change in her eyes. And after her announcement, I glanced at Grayson having noticed he tensed a little. But like everyone else, I followed her to wherever she was leading us. When we got there we stopped in front of a beautiful girls statue. Though it seemed like Jackson was having some trouble holding it together. She had laid a hand by the bottom of the statue.

"This is Silena Beauregard daughter of Aphrodite. This camp is made up of all demigods whose parents are either Greek or Roman gods or goddesses. When I was thirteen I led an army of demigods against an even larger one than what me and the demigods had. Weeks earlier we had found out that there was a spy in camp for the monsters. There was no way to find out who they were without them finding out. But then during a certain battle while fighting against the monsters that we have dealt with before. A monster came that no one had fought in a long time attacked. We threw everything we had at it. But we were already tired since we had been fighting for a long time. Some were injured. But not just that a lot of us had been fighting nonstop. But there was another thing that affected us. We were down the Ares children for reasons. Their cabin had the majority of our best fighters and a few good strategists. So desperate for their help Silena went to try and convince them...convince them to..." Jackson trailed off as she took in a shaky breath. There were tears in her eyes but she wiped them away her hands shaking. But the one that lay next to the statue gripped the stone in a death grip. But Jackson continued with her story even though it looked as if she was about to break down at any moment.

"The Ares children came at our darkest moment during that fight with that monster. All of our hopes had vanished. I had just tried something extremely dangerous and it didn't work. So when they came they brought something with them. They brought hope and renewed energy to everyone. They were brought together by their cabin leader Clarisse. But when Clarisse armor got hit with acid...The real Clarisse came running when the person in her amour fell to the ground a scream of pure agony tore through the air and other battles. Clarisse removed the helmet to see who had stolen her armor it was Silena. Her face was practically gone, the acid had melted it. With her final breaths, she revealed that she was blackmailed into becoming the spy. She tried to redeem herself by impersonating Clarisse. Right after she said all of this she passed. To this day she is considered a hero." Jackson finished her voice shaking. Anger was in her voice and eyes. And they were trained on all of us.