Chapter 18 - Harsh Reality

Dick woke up and looked down and smiled. As he watched Percy silently snore drool coming out of her mouth a little. Her hair was all over him and her. Her hand gripped his loosely fitting tank top as the other one was under his body. Moving some of her hair out of her face he noticed a light and faded scar on her cheek.

He rubbed his thumb over it lightly so he wouldn't wake her. Looking at it he frowned remembering when he would defend kids from abusive parents. The scar looked like a punch in the face while the fist had a metal ring on.

"Looks like Dickie is head over heels for a certain demigoddess," Jason said with a smile as he tested his elbow on the foot post.

"Don't wake her Jayjay and you're right. I won't deny it. But it's Percy I'm worried about. She has been hesitant to make connections because of all that has happened to her." Dick replied with a sigh. Looking up Dick saw Tim and Jason staring at him. Raising an eyebrow he waited to hear what they had to say.

"If she's that hesitant then what did the two of you talk about last night?" Tim asked, drawing the attention of the entire family. Dick sighed as he knew this would happen.

"That's something Percy needs to explain to you. It was her choice to keep something tight lipped to try and help everyone. She's trying to pull something over T." Dick explained to them. Their reaction varied but Bruce nodded in understanding. They left most likely to train and have breakfast. He stayed to let Percy sleep a little bit longer.

And he needed to talk to her about a few things. With what happened last night, what she told Will and the prophecy. Their family has questions and he wants her input on how to go about things.

Percy opened her eyes slowly as she started to wake up. Letting go of Dicks tank top she rubbed her eyes as she sat up.

"Morning goddess." Dick said with a smile. Percy yawned as she looked at him. But her mind connected the dots causing her to blush as she jumped off the bed onto her feet. Dick chuckled at this as he got up and stretched.

"Um....did we share the bed all night?" Percy asked, very flustered as she looked at the ground. Her hands were busy putting her hair up in a ponytail as she tried to stop her racing heart. Dick made his way over to her with a smile.

"We did. But for now let's take you to the infirmary so Will can look at your stab wounds. You might have reopened one with how fast you jumped out of bed." Dick said as he grabbed the nearest hoodie for her to wear. Taking it Percy slipped it on, thankful to have it. She didn't want people to stare at the scars and bandages. She caught sight of the dagger on the nightstand.

Grabbing it Percy felt her anger grow as she looked at it. Walking over to the cabinet in the back with the lock on it Percy pulled the key out and took the lock off. Dick watched as Percy opened the cabinet and was surprised at the amount of stuff in there. He saw a horn that was broken off with blood on the tip, all kinds of claws, teeth, pelts, one of which looked like gold, and two vials. She set the knife down and closed the cabinet, locking it again.

"Alright let's go." Percy said as she pocketed the key. Nodding they walked out of the cabin.

"Hey, our family is asking questions. We might want to tell them something." Dick said as he walked with Percy.

"We can do that later. Having their expertise may be useful in the future. For now I need to have a check up from Will and talk to him about the least favorable outcome and what I want." Percy explains as she yawns. She felt well rested but a part of her was still asleep. Dick stopped walking next to her. Turning about confused she saw a troubled and worried look.

"What do you mean by that?" Dick asked softly. Percy sighed as she took his hand in hers and held it tight.

"Acrobird, demigods don't have long lives. Most don't survive to have kids of their own let alone finish high school for some. Children of the big three like me aren't even expected to make it to high school because of our strong scent. Monsters and immortals hunt to get back at us, past generations and our parents. Everyone does this before a quest, war and even after they meet with the head healer every three months or so to make sure everything is what they want. It's what our life is. I've been doing this since I was nine. It's just routine and a precaution." Percy explained as she looked into his worried and shocked azure eyes. Resting her free hand on his shoulder she never broke eye contact.