act 2: xiv. animosity

To their surprise, Izabel and Nick were taking the news pretty good. Well, they were heartbroken, but they somehow knew something was too good to be true.

It was Zay who was freaking out for his sister.

He zooms in front of her as she's helping Aria take off her coat. "Maybe we can... have Lian infuse some warm energy into your womb!"

Lian irks an eyebrow from the side of the room. "Energy doesn't have temperature."

Zay frowns, speeding in front of Nick. "Have you tried warming her belly?"

"When she has her ice abilities, the heat will burn her," Nick deadpans, shaking his head. "Zay, give it up. It's been a day."

"Yeah, and Ally could go into labor any day now! Don't you wanna save your baby?" Zay exclaims, glaring at him.

Hope comes to Zay's side and pulls him back. She gives him a soft look with a hand on his chest. "Zay, this is their baby. I'm sure they would want to save it if they can. We're pretty much out of ideas."

Izabel sighs and she stands. She places her hand on her stomach, then shrugs likely. "It hurts, yeah, but Nick and I were already expecting some kind of complications. We're still happy to adopt when we want a kid."

Amelia shrugs from her spot besides Aurora while they were sitting in the front room. "I don't see why we just don't put Yuele back to sleep. Then, we won't have to worry about her killing us and Izabel can have a baby."

"That's not fair to Yuele," Marie sighs out, leaning on her leg. "Plus, when the baby is born, the energy from Ally's womb won't be enough to keep Izabel in that form."

"Well, it's not fair to Izabel that you guys woke Yuele up and gave her false hope that she'll have a kid." Zay snarls at his mother in law.

Hope's eyes widen and she pulls him to a chair. "Calm down and take a seat, Zay. We shouldn't be arguing over something like this."

Though, Yuele decides to join in. "Well, if Ally didn't decide to get pregnant during a time where the energy is chaotic, this wouldn't've happened either."

"Don't blame our mom!" Aurora screams at the older girl, though Yuele just glared at her.

"Yeah, you weren't supposed to be awake for another, like, five years!" Amelia joins in, her hair transforming into her orange state. "If it's anyone's fault, it's your mom's!"

"Okay, okay! That's enough!" Izabel shouts, glaring at all of them. "I'm fine! Like I just said, Nick and I weren't expecting that I would actually give birth! We're fine! Stop arguing!"

There's a moment of silence before Yuele speaks again, not really caring. "You know if we're being honest, in order for you to have that baby, Ally could easily just put her baby to sleep. Like Miracle Warlocks are designated to do."

"That doesn't make sense. If having the baby will weaken the energy, then what will putting him to sleep do?"

"The amount of energy that goes into putting a Miracle Warlock to sleep is enough to last for, like, ten years," Yuele explains, looking over at Ally. "Even if the baby happens to die, the energy will be strong."

Amelia glares at her. "Why would you say that?"

"What? Babies can die just like everyone else. It's life."

Austin and Ally finally join the conversation, as they were sitting in the corner of the room as well.

Austin sighs and looks at Ally before looking down at the ground. "Yeah. We know," Austin sighs out, shaking his head. "Ally looked into it last night. If we put him to sleep, everything will stay the same as how it is now for a few years."