xi. betrayal

It takes them exactly twenty hours to reach the other side of woods, but when they do, they don't regret the long walk.

There's nothing but beauty of the path a mile away from the entrance. The air even seems to become less thick and more clear as they come to their destination. The few people from their village talk with lightened spirits and joy as the come to the opening fences.

Ally smiles at the lightened and happy emotional she was fed off of the others. She grabs hold of Austin's hand, who seemed to be more lost than amazed, and continues on their path.

There's a blur of red coming towards them, and Ally smiles at Zay's excited form. "Hurry up! I saw it! Ally, this place is amazing! I wish Izabel came!"

Ally laughs reaches forward to engulf to younger teen. She runs her hand throw his vibrant red hair with a laugh. "For once, I need you to slow down. Introductions are important."

Austin scoffs, still looking forward. "Zay? Slow down? Didn't the Guardians and Miracle Warlocks teach you about sentences making sense in your sleep?"

"Yes, they did. I believe that was a correctly formed sentence---"

"They surely didn't teach you about sarcasm," Zay chuckles lowly, slipping out of her embrace. "But I'll slow down. Twenty minutes tops, though."

When they reach the opening, sure enough, Marie is standing there with a man, her daughter from their last encounter, and another girl with... vibrant red hair.

Before anyone could ask, Austin exclaims, "THERE'S ANOTHER ONE?!"

Marie raises an eyebrow at him, narrowing her eyes. "Nice greeting, hot stuff."

He frowns and scratches the back of his head. "Setriously... how many kids do you have?"

"We have sixty-seven," the man says, glaring at Austin slightly. He looks to Marie and frowns. "I thought you told them about me."

"There's sixty-seven Miracle Warlocks awake?!"

"Wha--- of course not!" Marie exclaims, rolling her eyes. "I have two daughters awake and the rest of my daughters are in their sleeping period. Goodness, Ally, can you please send this one back?"

Ally smiles and steps forward to her sister. She bows to her before giving a grin. "It is nice to see you again, Marie."

"Oh, wow, Mom really does have a twin." The red haired girl murmurs to, assuming, her father. He nods in agreement, ashonished as well.

"We just saw each other last week," Marie sighs, though a smile comes to her face as she grips Ally's hands. "How long will you be staying? The village is huge. Underpopulated."

"Only a night or two. We must head back as soon as we can."

"No, we can stay as long as possible," Zay says, speeding around the area. "This grass is better than the entire village."

Marie raises an amused eyebrow at him before turning to the awaiting people in the background from their village. "I, Marie Allen Dawson, Ruler of Sarpachen, welcome you to our village. Please, it is nearly daylight out, so my husband will esort you to your resting housings. Please, make yourselves comfortable. If there are any injured or sick villagers, my husband will also take you to the medical unit after you've settled."

Everyone agrees in bows in her honor. Marie turns her husband and wraps him a loose embrace. "You think you can handle all of this? I could get a few of the workers to help."

"I've got it," he grins and leans down to peck her lips. "You owe me later, though."

"That can be arranged," she smirks, giving him one last kiss before ushering them off and leads Austin, Ally, and Zay to the palace with her two daughgers. "You're special guests. I've reserved for you three. Well, four, but I see the girl with ice abilities isn't here, so."