xiv. recovery

"What happened exactly?" Austin asks placing his hand on Izabel's head.

Marie, who was nursing and healing Ally, shrugs and sighs. "Lian used her true power for the first time, Ally got shocked or something, and Izabel was in negative thousand degrees."

"That explains when she's so cold," Austin sighs, running his hand through her hair. "But why's she... white? Her hair... her skin is getting there."

"That, I don't know," Marie says, going over to her Izabel and heating her hands up. She places them on her sides and sighs. "This is a mess."

"And that's why I told you to stay back," Keith speaks up from watching over his daughter. He glares at her. "Had you stayed back, Lian would be fine."

"But people would be dead, and that's not something I'm going to sit back and wait for," Marie argues back. She stands and tucks Izabel farther in the sheets before turning in looking at her husband. "I'm a Miracle Warlock, if you have forgotten. It's my responsibility also, as is Lian's and even Hope's. You just bitch about me saving and helping people and using my abilities all day. If you have a problem with it, leave."

Keith rolls his eyes before getting up. "I'll be back, for Lian." He goes to the door and opens it, leaving it with a loud slam.

Lian's hair turns white, and Marie gives a smile although she wasn't waking up from her sleep.

"Mmm," a voice murmurs. Austin looks up and sees Izabel stirring. Marie sees and goes over to them also. Izabel breathes out a breath of icy air and it frosts the ceiling they were under. Marie raises an eyebrow, and nudges Austin to look up.

He does so and gapes. "She barely breathed..."

Marie looks back at her, and shakes her gently. "Izabel?"

Izabel stirs once more. She lets out a small sound before her eyes opening slowly. She adjusts to the lights before stretching her body. Austin and Marie help her sit up, and she looks around. She sees Ally and Izabel unconscious in the bed next to her and her eyes widen. "What happened?"

Marie heats her hands and puts them on Isabel's cold body. "They were just—"

"Ow! That burns!" Izabel says, pushing her hand off.

"Burns? You're freezing cold. Literally." Marie speaks, raising an eyebrow.

Izabel raises an eyebrow and looks down at her arm. She sees her skin and her eyes widen. She looks at the rest of her body and shrieks. "Wha— I'm white!"

"Well, not completely. There's still some pigment," Marie says, trying to calm her. "But while you're discovering things, your eyes almost crystal and your hair is silver."

Izabel's eyes widen even more. She looks around the room before spotting a mirror. Izabel gets up and as she's about to hurry to the mirror, a path of ice creates for her way there, making her glide. She gapes and turns around, but the ice is gone.

"Since when was I able to do that?! That's not frosting! That's pure ice!" Izabel exclaims, looking frantic.

It then clicks in Marie's head. "Ice is a stronger frost. There is no such thing as a frosting ability. It's just ice, but with lower levels. When you were exposed to such cold temperatures, your so-called frosting embraced it and advanced you to ice."

Izabel looks to her then at her hands. "That's probably explains why my tips grew blue all these years. I was advancing."

Izabel continues on to the mirror and looks her herself. She gasps and sees her eyes are literally icy blue and her hair is actually silver. She was much more pale but it wasn't sickening. "Okay, but why am I... white? And my eyes are.. clear? And... and... what?"