act 2: xviii. - realize its time

Aurora, Hope, Izabel, and Zyra make their way to the infirmary. They find where Austin and Ally are and they all sigh at the sight of Ally in a pool of water with Mimi monitering her in the corner of the room.

"Please tell me you're just preparing in that water and not having the baby." Izabel sighs at Ally as she comes to massage her scalp.

"My water broke about thirty minutes ago," Ally sighs, looking at the group. "Where's Amelia?"

"She went to find backup from the village," Aurora speaks with a roll of her eyes. "She'll be here."

"Goodness, this is gonna be a chaotic day." Hope sighs as she bounces her daughter lightly.

Suddenly, there's a breeze that enters the room and they're surprised to see Lian, Zay, and Aria.

Zay places Aria down as he basically falls to the floor. "Can someone get me some food, please?"

Hope chuckles and looks at Aurora. "I told you he would be starving by time he got back," Hope jokes, making the younger girl giggle. "If you're not going to die, I made you two sub sandwiches. They're back at the—"

Zay zips out before she can even finish. He's back as she finishes, though. "—castle."

"God, I love you so much," he grunts as he chews into one of the sandwiches.

They all laugh, though Hope realizes her mother isn't here. "Wait, you guys are back earlier than we thought. Yuele was that easy to take down?"

Lian rolls her eyes, taking a seat next to Aurora on the bed. "Actually, she would've been easy to take down, but mom wouldn't let me get any good hits it. I blasted her before we left and mom said she could die from internal bleeding, but mom just made me mad."

"Yeah, I understand that's her daughter, but she's a murderer," Zay sighs, shaking his head. "I don't know. Marie is probably looking for someone to help Yuele. I know I'm not."

"Well, at least—"

Suddenly, Mimi speaks up with wide eyes as she holds her head. "Yuele is coming."

Everyone looks at her in confusion. "Huh? She was nearly dead when I—"

Hope receives a shiver down her back and her eyes widen. She looks at Lian. "Form a shield around this room. Now."

Lian does as she told. She felt that, too. A white-tinted shield is formed around the room in a second. She looks at Aria. "Are we linked up?"

Aria nods, slightly frightened as she held on to Zay's leg.

Mimi looks just as scared. "She'll be here in like 3–"

Suddenly, a loud bash is heard and the sight of Yuele just outside of the large window is very clear. Only, they notice she lands sloppily and picks herself back up with a grunt.

"She's injured," Aurora points out, seeing the blood on her side. "Is that what you were talking about?"

Lian nods, coming closer to the window to look at her sister. "Did mom let her come here?"

Zay comes beside her, watching Yuele. "I don't think so."

"Then, where's Marie?" Ally asks, her hair turning red.

"Relax," Izabel immediately says to Ally, continuing to massage her scalp. She looks at Zay. "Go back and see if Marie is okay."

Zay nods at his sister and looks at Lian. "Let the shield down."

Lian does as she told. She lets the shield down for a second and as soon as Zay zooms off, she lets the shield back up. "Do we have a plan? Or are we just fighting?"