i. warlock awakening

"Come on, Mom!" Austin yells excitedly, grinning from ear to ear as he pulls his mom out of the castle to get to the center of the village.

Today, was the day. It was the day the Miracle Warlock awakened. The whole village was excited; there was even going to be a festival tonight to welcome her. Many people were happy they et the privilege to see the girl awaken. It was a big day.

Austin was more excited than the whole castle. His curiosity would finally be calmed after eighteen years of the questions. He would finally see her eyes, see what color they were. And he'd hear her voice. He's always wanted to hear her voice.

Maybe she'd know him, by his voice, and he could ask her all three questions exclusively. Austin wanted to know what she dreamt about. He still thinks it's her in the womb, but maybe it's something else. She is a Miracle Warlock.

There's so many questions he wants to ask her.

Austin had brought a quilt his mother gave him for the winter with him, to cover her up. He figured that a thousand years of people staring at her naked was enough. He hopes she doesn't mind. Wouldn't want to disturb her during her welcome.

"Austin, slow down!" His mother laughs loudly as they get to the crowd of people around the glass.

Austin just grabs his mother's hand and pushes them to the front, handing out 'I'm sorrys' and 'excuse mes' to the people. He smiles when he sees her hand fist moving inside the glass. This is actually happening.

"Mom, she's waking up," he says, his excitement calmed down and replaced with amazement and awe as her fingers and toes curl. "wow."

"Maybe she'll remember you from all that homework you missed while talking to her." His mother scolds playfully, chuckling when he scratches the back of his neck.

"Right, uh, sorry 'bout that," he apologizes before stuffing his hands in his pockets. "how does she get out of the glass? Does someone lift it?"

"Austin, that glass is as heavy as ten million stones. There's no way to lift it." His mother chuckles, shaking his head.

"Then how does she---" his talking it put on pause when everyone gasps.

Austin looks up to see the girl in the glass casket moving around her head and stretching her body. Her face looked calm and relaxed and there was a faint smile on her face. Austin smiles when her tiny hands move around on her stomach, rubbing her midsection.

Her eyes scrunch up as she yawns and the village quiets, waiting for her to awake.

The faint smile on her face fades away slowly as her head falls to the side. Then it happens. Her eyelids lift and her eyes are revealed.

Austin smiles as it happens. They were a light shade of brown. Darker than hazel, but lighter than dark chocolate. Chestnut; her eyes were chestnut. They were beautiful to him.

Her chestnut eyes scan the area and people. Her eyes weren't filled with shock, surprise, confusion, or curiosity. But instead, they were calm. She was relaxed all over.

Stories had been told that when the Miracle Warlock awaked, they craved their mother and was freaked out by being inside the glass. It was weird, seeing how relaxed she was.

The girl looks back up at the peak of the glass before moving her hand on to touch it. Her fingers move around on the glass, confusing many. Seconds later, the top of the glass is floating its way to the ground, unharmed. The side glass is next and placed next to the other glass.

The girl sits up and turns her body so that her legs are dangling. She looks around once more, observing the waving and smiling people.

"Please," she says, her eyes still relaxed and calm. "step back."