xxviii. resurrect

Ally stares at her limp husband on the ground.

She couldn't breathe. She couldn't blink. She couldn't move an inch.

Austin was dead. Just like that, with no argument or last words. This couldn't have been real. Someone had to wake her up from this nightmare. There was just no way that just happened.

But it did.

Ally's hair was on its way back from reverting back to its normal state, but it comes back in just a snap of a second. She screeches as stares at Austin's body and drops to her knees to cry.

Her impact quakes the ground completely, but Ally doesn't care enough to notice. She lets out another screech of agony as the redness takes over the entirety of her eyes and hands. There were tears furiously running down her face and she wasn't in any mood to wipe or attempt to stop them.

Marie moves her sad eyes away from her sister as she feels a tingle in her heart. She glances over to her daughter, Lian. She was wailing and flailing around in the cage. Her already white hair brightens even more and her pupils disappear as she screeches.

"Nuh-uh. Don't try it, rat," Christopher snarls, glaring at the little girl. Lian screeches even louder, now in pain. "You'll be with them soon enough."

"Stop!" Marie demands in a growl. Her hair and eyes also don't waste a second to revert into its bright lilac color.

As Lian continues holler and thrash around in the cage, she's able to break the chains on her hands. Seeing Austin die must've snapped something in her. Everyone's eyes expand in shock. Every member of the other group prepares to attack before she can escape, but the little girl pushes her hands and feet against the top of the cage and completely rips the metal off.

As they're distracted, Marie looks at Ally, who was still weeping in front of Austin. Her eyes dart to Amelia, who was starting to wake up from her sleep in Annel's arms. Without a second thought, she rushes over, making sure to knock down TJ so he couldn't hurt Lian or herself. Marie makes sure to kick the woman down as well, right after she grabs her niece.

Marie speeds back over to the group and places Amelia on the soft grass. "We'll be right back, sweetie," Marie says comfortingly as she stands back and puts a protective bubble over the baby.

Lian gets the chains off her feet and she screams once more from Christopher creating chaos in her mind. The infuriating pain is cut short and is interrupted by gurgling. Lian opens her eyes and is met with surprise at the sight of him holding an icicle that was stuck in his throat.

She looks over to see Izabel with her iced, open hand at the man as he fell down. Izabel quickly comes over to Lian to cover her eyes as the man fell forward on the icicle, making it go through his neck. Izabel's flinches as well and turns her gaze away.

TJ is in complete shock at unfolding scene that he doesn't notice that Ally was out for his blood. By time he's able to turn his attention to something else, she's coming at him with full force. They stumble to the ground with her on top of him and he shrieks in pain and fear.

The man quakes at her red eyes and he attempts to vibrate out of her embrace, but with one nod of her head, there's a loud snap. She has no pity or remorse as she looks at the dead man under her, whose neck in bent out of shape. It was what he deserved.

Annel watches as her friends are murdered. She looks over at Ally, Marie, Lian, Zay, Izabel, Hope, Keith, and Nick all closing her and Mary in. She knew she was next.

The woman cries and drops to her knees, clasping her hands together as she begged out, "Please don't kill me! You can imprison me and torture me for life! Please!" The woman cries at her knees.