xx. - winter

Ally looks out of the huge window, watching the snowflakes fall from the sky to the ground.

It was the first snowfall of winter. Although Ally always found the snow beautiful, winter was always the worst time for their small village. They always lost a lot of poor citizens due to Kim being a horrible and selfish ruler, but Ally plans to go better this time around.

"Those are pretty big snowflakes," Austin says while approaching his wife in the huge room of the castle. "First snowfall is always the best snowfall before everything goes to hell. What should we do?"

Ally continues to watch the snow. "I'd say call Marie, but she's probably dealing with the worries of her village during the first snowfall. Maybe we should just check up on the poor people and see if they need assistance."

"Zay, 'Bel, and I can go help. You stay inside. It's cold out."

Ally looks over at him and irks her eyebrow. "My love, I'm pregnant; not helpless. I can come with. I'm the Miracle Warlock, after all."

"Right. Forgot, sorry."

Ally chuckles and comes forward to peck his lips. She pats his chest softly before pulling away. "I'll go grab my coat. Find Zay and Izabel."

They grab grab blankets, matches, food, and medicine before they begin their journey of the winter wonderland that was their snowy village.

"I feel hot," Izabel speaks in confusion, unzipping her coat while they were walking. That's not good enough, so she pulls it off completely. She feels her temper go back to what it has usually been at and skeptically look at the coat. "Maybe I strive in the cold."

"Well, you do look like a pile of snow," Zay points out, gesturing to her white hair and crystal eyes. "Maybe the snow is your long lost cousin."

Izabel rolls her eyes and just continues their walking while they headed to the homes most of the poorer people lived in.

"I remember when 'Bel and I used to live in this part of the village," Zay sighs, looking over at the small homes. "I hated living here. We got all the scraps from the supply runs and thieves would come so frequently."

"Our mom died the winter before we met you, Ally. The orphanage would be so packed in the winter from all the dying parents that we had to fend for ourselves." Izabel sighs, looks around at the snow.

"I'm forever thankful I found you two to be the most interesting things on this earth when I first awaken," Ally smiles, reaching over to pull Zay under her arm. "I love you both,"

They reach a home and Austin knocks softly. After a while, the door creeps open and a boy peeks his head through the crack of the opening of the door. "Who are—" he stops himself at the sight of Austin and Ally. The teenaged boy suddenly opens the door wide, looking at the people in shock. "Oh, I didn't know it was you. Come in."

They come into the small home and the boy closes the door behind him. "Mom, Ally and Austin are here!"

"The warlock?" They hear the woman question.

The boy leads them into the next room. They get a good site of the boy's mother, lying down on the floor. She was sickly pale, but her eyes still held much life as she stared up at the visitors in her home.

"Oh, Nick, help me up," his mother says to her son as she tries to sit up. The boy goes to help his mother up, but Ally places a hand on his arm to stop him. The woman shakes her head at Ally. "Oh, I'm fine. I can stand, my dear."

"You're sick," Ally states calmly as she crouches down to the woman's height on the floor. She touches the woman's head and feels a fever. "What kind of medication do you need?"