When will things get better?

Mikan POV (third person)

Mikan stepped out of the car with Mahiru and Hiyoko, the three walked towards the entrance and entered the ice cream shop. Hiyoko and Mikan went to go find a table after telling Mahiru what they wanted. Sitting down at a booth, the two sparked up a conversation.

"I heard having a job under Junko is like hell itself, is that true?" Hiyoko asked, Mikan nervously answered, "Sh-she can be a b-bit rude bu-but she really c-cares for me, I-I know she d-does." "Hmph, that sounds like you're trying to convince yourself more than me."

Hiyoko cracked her knuckles, "The only one who can mess with you is me." She smiled, which made Mikan shiver fearfully. Mikan wanting to change the subject, decided to ask Hiyoko about what she said earlier, "A-bout that c-concert, whose concert i-is it?"

"Huh? Oh yea that. Dunno, I meet a lot of people, some of them aren't important enough for me to remember." She shrugged, "Either way, it should be fun regardless, if it's some annoying popstar I'm leaving. Can't stand the bright lights and annoying music."

"Popstars in general are annoying, acting all innocent in their questionably revealing clothes, you just know they're freaks who get off on people shoving each other to see their concerts." Hiyoko rambled on, this continued for a while till Mahiru walked over to the table with their ice creams.

"What are you girls talking about?" Mahiru asked as she gave Mikan and Hiyoko their ice creams, "Just how fake generic popstars are." Hiyoko smiled brightly. Mikan nodded in thanks to Mahiru for the ice cream, "So Hiyoko, you've grown a lot since the last time I saw you."

"I know right?" She said excitedly, "I'm finally big enough to sucker punch old geasers in the face!" Mahriu giggled then looked over at Mikan who was quietly eating her ice cream. "Hey Mikan? You alright there, you're dozing off a lot." She asked, concern lacing her voice.

"H-huh? Oh I-I'm fine, just tired." Mikan smiled, that wasn't entirely a lie. Junko had been working Mikan to the bone nearly all week, barely giving her a break to rest. Mikan often wondered when things will get better, "When will things get better?" or, "Is anything ever gonna change?" She'd ask herself these things before going to bed. Each day was pretty much the same.

Junko would call Mikan in early just so she can push her around, she'd make Mikan do everything. Mikan would always go back to her apartment sore and weak, Junko also took a toll on Mikans mental state. She can handle Hiyoko's taunts and insults, but Junko's words cut deeper than anything. She doesn't understand why.

Mikan has wished and hoped for someone to come into her life and take her away from this awful life, but unfortunately no such thing happened. Her entire life has been a living hell, no one has been there to save her. So she just accepted this is how her life would be, this isn't some fairytale. There is no princess or prince charming. No fairy godmother to make her wish come true.

No matter how many pleads or tears she cries at night, no one is coming to save her. That's what Mikan has come to believe.

{Time skip whores}

Mikan waved goodbye to Hiyoko and Mahiru as they drove away, she sighed and turned. Making her way to her apartment on the third floor, she felt as if her legs were gonna give out on her. The closer she got to her apartment, the more she felt her body getting weaker.

Mikan soon made it to the elevator, figuring that'd be much more faster than the stairs. She just wanted to lay in bed and let her body rest, she entered the elevator and pressed the third floor button.

She leaned against the wall as the elevator went up, she breathed out, "J-just a little f-fa-farther..." she told herself.

Mikan felt grateful she only had to work at the hospital tomorrow, she probably wouldn't be able to deal with Junko. Mikan felt the elevator stop at her floor and the elevator doors opened.