Chapter 13

Mikan POV (first person)

Our eyes met.

It took all I had to not gasp out, biting my tongue to stop myself from making any sort of noise, knowing Junko would most likely yell at or insult me.

I was still in shock, but had managed to calm down a little. I never expected to see Ibuki here, at Junko's studio!

So Ibuki was the new client after all, but why would she need a partnership with Junko? Her concerts seem to do just fine without her. Maybe they need more funding? I don't know how this stuff usually works.

Ibuki had grabbed a notepad and pen, writing something down. I grew curious and wonder what she could be writing down, she didn't seem to be paying attention to what the men in suits were saying.

All of a sudden she put the pen down and stretched, "Phew! I'm parched!" As she was about to stand up, Junko slapped my arm. "Ow..!"

I grabbed onto the part she slapped and looked at her with a nervous expression, "Go get scene kid here some water or somethin." She instructed.

I nodded and quickly walked to the meeting room door, Ibuki dropped the notepad discreetly on the ground, signaling for me to pick it up.

I quickly scooped down to pick it up, however in doing so I tripped over my feet and fell into one of my Compromising Positionsᴛᴍ right in front of Ibuki, "A-AaH!"

I cried out, "I-I'm so so-sorry!" I could see Ibuki in the corner of my eye, she was covering her face and she was muttering something under her breath.

"God dammit Tsumiki! Get your ass up already no one wants to see that!" Junko yelled, glaring at me.

I did as I was told and stood back up, apologizing profusely as I left the room. I mentally slapped myself in embarrassment, "St-stupid stupid stu-stupid!" I spoke to myself.

'She probably hates you now! She'll never forgive you for that!' I frowned, 'I'm so stupid..why would anyone want to be my friend??'

I looked at my hand, realizing I had the notepad still in my hand. I thought I had dropped it when I fell, maybe Nagito's luck is rubbing off on me? Who knows.

I looked at the first page of the notepad, walking into the break room as I did so. I read the message Ibuki left, heading over to the mini fridge.

'Looks like we'll be seeing each other more often ;)'

I giggled a little, holding the notepad up to my chest and smiling happily. 'Will she really want to see me after what happened though?'

I ignored the thought and continued to smile, setting the notepad on the top of the mini fridge and opening it up.

I grabbed a cold water bottle and placed it on top of the fridge, going around the room, looking for a pen. I heard someone enter the room and looked up to see Mahiru.

"Oh Mikan! Funny seeing you here, I just got off the phone with Komeada." Mahiru gave me a polite smile, closing the door as she entered the room.

"R-really? Wh-what were you two t-talking about?" I asked, Mahiru and Nagito didn't usually talk that much, so it sparked my curiosity.

You know what they say though, curiosity killed the cat.

"Ohhh just about you and your date." She emphasized the word 'date' and I immediately knew what she was talking about.

I felt my face grow hot and looked around nervously, "O-Oh! Wh-what did h-he tell y-y-you about i-it??" I was so gonna get back at Nagito for this.