I promise.

A/N: This might be the only chapter I'll be able to get out, since I'm moving soon and won't have internet for a while sob, I'm also typing on my computer since I got my phone taken away 

Mikan POV (third person)

"W-wait! Sh-shouldn't you b-be on st-stage?!" Mikan exclaimed, surprised. Nagito seemed just as surprised as Mikan, his eyes had widened and he had unknowingly started to point at them.

"Y-you're Ibuki Mioda!" 

Ibuki ignored him and quickly went to Mikans side, looking at her roughed up clothes and scrapped up knees and dirty hands. Ibuki sat next to her, "Ibuki saw you get dragged away! I wish I could've done something sooner!" 

Nagito stood up and cleared his throat, "Ah I um, I'll go tell the officer what happened then go get the others. I'll leave you two alone for now." Nagito walked away. 

Ibuki lowered her head as Nagito left, Mikan noticed and asked, "I-Ibuki..? Are y-you ok?" She felt something wet hit her thigh and she looked down to see tears hitting her thigh. "Ibuki are y-you-!" She was cut off when Ibuki lifted her head.

Tears were flowing from her eyes and down her cheeks, her makeup smearing. "I-Ibuki was so scared...I didn't want anything bad to happen to Miki! I-I..I didn't want anything to happen to you! Ibuki wanted to protect you! Ibuki wouldn't have cared if it messed up the concert!" 

Ibuki lowered her head again, shaking a little. "I just wanted to be with you! So I could've kept you safe!" She sniffled, Mikan didn't know what to say. Did Ibuki really care for Mikan that much? That she would ruin the concert for every one else just so she could protect Mikan? Mikans heart skipped a beat at the thought of being so important to Ibuki.

"B-but..Ibuki is glad, that Mikans boyfriend was there to protect her." She lifted her head smiling slightly.

. . . .

It took Mikan a moment to understand what she had said, her eyes widened and her face grew red from embarrassment. "N-NO! N-Nagito is-isn't my b-b-boyfriend! Honestly!" She shook her head and hands vigorously. "H-he's only a fr-friend! I don't re-really see m-men that way..."

Ibuki tilted her head, "Huh?? Ohhhhhhhh!" Ibuki awkwardly rubbed the back of her head, "Sorry for assuming Miki! So you're in the world of girl love, honestly I've always had a thing for women. Men didn't really do it for Ibuki." She stuck out her tongue and scrunched up her nose.

A/N: These are my personal hcs if you don't feel the same that's completely valid!

Mikan smiled at Ibuki, "I-I'm glad to hear that.." "Gasp! Mikan! Is this a confession??" Mikan grew embarrassed again, "A-aH! N-no! I mean...it's no-not like that!" She shyly covered her face, feeling her face grow even hotter. 

Ibuki giggled, gently grabbing Mikans hands and uncovering them from her face, "Don't worry Mikan! I was just teasing, besides," She did a finger under her chin, "I haven't even taken you out on a date yet!" 

"D-Date?!" Mikan didn't know how red her face was, she knew it was obvious to Ibuki. She shook her head, "N-No! No-nobody would w-want to da-date a ug-ugly sl-slut like m-me!" She whimpered. 

Ibuki cupped Mikans face, her expression growing serious but also...soft. "Miki...you're very beautiful." She paused, smiling softly. "And I'm glad I get to keep seeing you. I promise to you, I will always be by your side to protect you." 

Mikan shakily and slowly put her hands on Ibukis, "Y-you promise...?" Ibuki hesitantly kissed Mikans forehead, not knowing if that was ok with Mikan. 

"I promise."

Mikan smiled, closing her eyes and taking in the moment. She didn't want her doubts to make her scared, she wanted to believe Ibuki with all her heart. So that's what she did, she believed Ibuki was telling the truth.