Chapter 15

Season 1, Episode 14: The Alien Agenda

Going to focus more on Splinter and Ruby on this one. BTW should I continue with this slow burn or should I step things up a bit. Please comment I read all of them. Wattpad comments are hilarious. 

Ruby stares blankly ahead at the wall in front of her, extremely lost in thought.

Splinter walks into their bedroom closing the screen door gently behind him as to not interrupt Ruby's thinking. He was curious but he knew that if he disturbed Ruby while she was lost in thought like this she'd surely throw him over her shoulder, by accident but it still hurts nonetheless.

"Somethings different..." Ruby suddenly said standing up but she made no move that said she was going to leave from where she stood.

"I would think so..." Splinter said staring at Ruby's beautiful eyes. Mentally questioning these oncoming feelings that he had growing for her. He wondered if it was a faze.

Ruby dug into her kimono pocket and pulled out a picture of herself and a small gold locket with Ruby and Karai's name written in beautiful Japanese lettering, upon opening it she finds a picture of herself and Karai when Karai was about 8 posing in front of a carnival.

Karai was smiling bright, her little chubby cheeks stained with ice cream as she laughed as Ruby with a loving smile wipes her face clean with a wet washcloth. 

Ruby sighs and puts the locket away back into her pocket and turning upon hearing the boys enter the lair.

Splinter stares at her lost in thought himself now.

**Meanwhile with Karai and Shredder***

Karai looks down at the locket in her hand, the very same picture Ruby had was staring up at her. She quickly closes it and puts the locket into her pocket.

'I wonder if she misses me too?' Karai wondered as Shredder interacted with Baxter Stockman.

Karai jumps down honestly scaring both Stockman and Shredder. Shredder nearly swore but managed to keep it in. For a moment he thought that Ruby found him and was planning to kill him so when he heard Karai's voice he relaxed but only Karai would notice how his shoulders tensed in fear.

She still didn't know much about Ruby and Shredder's connection.

"Father. We spotted the turtles fighting some guys in suits, but they were actually slimy brain squids in robot bodies!" Karai exclaims her childlike wonder kicking in. (Karai is so beautiful I can't)

"You're mission is to destroy them and find Splinter. -Everything else is a distraction!" Shredder demands.

Karai raises an eyebrow, that instantly reminds him of Ruby. Ruby would put her hand on her hip and glare at him and would tilt her head to the left with a pout on her face, when he says something stupid.

He mentally shakes Ruby's face from his mind as Karai begins speaking again.

"Distraction? Father, don't you  want to know what's going on? Robots and creatures? Splinter's disciples, the turtles, mutants! Your own men got turned into hideous freaks! Don't you think we should be finding out what's going on? I mean, there's more to life than your vendetta." Karai exclaims in a Ruby like manner. Karai pretty much mocked his vendetta as something childish and petty, which Shredder was certain that Ruby would agree to.

Moments like these he started to question if Karai was actually Ruby and Yoshi's daughter rather than Yoshi and Tang Shen's. Karai acted more like Ruby then she did her mother.

If it were the case that Karai was Ruby's daughter, he'd find Ruby and hand over Karai to her, to avoid being brutally murdered by the childhood friend that he had no doubt in his mind becomes stronger everyday.