Explaining

Okay so first of all, I'm going to continue the story, don't worry. Although I have kind of lost the interest I had in the beginning when I first started making it, but that's just because I'm facing the type of depression where you are less interested in things you usually enjoy. But I will continue this story but please forgive me if I take a while to update.

That's all enjoy!

Brought to you by the song 18 years by Daughtry

Ruby and Splinter lay side by side horizontal on the floor of their bedroom.

"How are we going to tell them?" Ruby asks Splinter as he just stares lovingly at her, lost in thought.

"I personally don't understand why you are worried. I think they'll be more excited than we are about us dating." Splinter said leaning on one arm resting on his side to look at Ruby.

"I hadn't actually thought of it to be honest. I was ready to throw my feelings for you away back when you were with my cousin, Tang Shen." Ruby said still resting on her back as she looks up at Splinter who continued to stare at her with a lovesick smile.

"What do you mean?" Splinter asks playfully resting his head onto his stomach.

"I mean, I've had feelings for you since we were 16 but just as I was going to confess them, you had run up to me saying you and Tang Shen..." Ruby says sadly.

**

At 16:

Ruby looks down at the bouquet full of Aster, lilacs and holly flowers, she had planned to give the bouquet to Yoshi.

She shyly begins walking over to his room door when it suddenly slams open, and she's met with Yoshi's big smile.

"RUBY! I was just about to look for you! I have great news!" Yoshi said happily grabbing her by the arms.

"I also have something to tell you!" Ruby said with a cute blush on her face.

"Okay you go first!" They both said in sync.

Ruby and Yoshi both laugh, they were long used to talking at the same time.

"You go first Yoyo." Ruby chuckles and she continues to hide the bouquet behind her back.

"Oh! Me and Tang Shen are dating now!" Splinter said with a wide smile, his bedroom door opening slightly showing Tang Shen sitting on his bed with a smirk on her face.

Ruby could have sworn she heard her heart shattering to pieces as she fought to keep the now fake smile on her face.

"T-that's great, Yoyo." Ruby says through gritted teeth as her hold on the bouquet's stems tighten lightening her knuckles.

"What was the news you wanted to tell me?" Yoshi asks with his signature boyish grin that he had only for Ruby. 

"Eh! Oh! Uh, I'm-" Ruby is interrupted by Tang Shen walking over and hugging Yoshi's arm.

"Yoshi, dear- oh Ruby hello, dear cousin." Tang Shen said in her fake voice and Yoshi smiles down at her.

"Hi-" Ruby says with her own fake smile.

"Are those flowers our congratulation gift?" Tang Shen asks with a devious smirk on her face that only Ruby saw, Tang Shen had known that Ruby was going to confess to Yoshi.

Ruby gives a fake smile, "Actually-"

"That's sweet of you Ruby! That's super sweet of you!" Yoshi said as Ruby awkwardly hands him the bouquet.

"Yeah..." Ruby said sadly ruffles her hair, "I've got to go, congrats!" Ruby said before rushing off struggling to fight her tears.

"Ruby! Wait!" Yoshi calls out having seen the tears in the red eyes he loved.

**

Present:

"That was kind of one of the reasons why I was always away. I couldn't keep faking a smile in front you. You'd see through me instantly." Ruby admitted avoiding his eyes.

"I never knew..." Splinter said sadly as he lifted his head from Ruby's stomach. "If I had, we would have been together for many many years." 

"It's in the past, we're together now." Ruby said kissing his nose earning a smile from him.

"I still could only imagine how things would have turned out if we did up together that day." Splinter said resting his chin on the palm of his hand.

"Well, you, Saki and I would most likely would still be the ultimate trio." Ruby said chuckling.

"We'd still be human too. The boys would be in our lives in a different way. Nova would be with us too." Splinter chuckles naming a few more things as he leaned closer to her face.

The two exchange another kiss.

"Maybe we'd live in my old house too." Ruby thought.

"Or maybe my clan house?" Splinter hums in thought.

"MOM! MASTER SPLINTER!" They heard Mikey yell before he practically kicked down their room door.

"Save me! Raph is going crazy!" Mikey said from the doorway only to be tackled to their bedroom floor by Raphael.

"Mikey! Me and Nova were using that! How could you destroy it!?" Raph asks holding Mikey in a headlock.

"Boys please stop fighting, I have a headache." Ruby said as she and Splinter sat up.

"There is actually something we need to tell you all anyway." Splinter said standing to his feet before helping Ruby to her feet.

Raph and Mikey look at each other.

*

"What did you guys need to gather us for, mom?" Leo asks as he sat next to Raph on the couch.

"Is everything alright? Are either of you sick?" Donnie asks worried as he helps Nova sit in the seat next to him.

"Don't worry my children, we are alright. More than alright, I'd say." Splinter chuckles.

"Kids, it's about me and your father..." Ruby says in a fake solemn tone that causes the kids all to become afraid of what she will say next.

"WE'RE FINALLY DATING!" Ruby and Splinter both say before doing jazz hands with big smiles on their face.

The boys and Nova's jaw drops before they all cheer and eagerly hug their parents.

"I'm so happy for you!" Donnie squeals.

"I can't believe it! I can't believe!" Mikey cheers.

"This is absolutely amazing!" Leo chirps.

"About time!" Raph sass with a huge smile.

"I agree with all of you!" Nova squeals and she jumps up and down in excitement.

"Thank you, my children." Splinter said laughing with them.

"Celebration dinner!" Mikey cheered and the others follow him into the kitchen minus Splinter and Ruby.

"They took that super well." Ruby chuckles as she hugs Splinter.

"Well, I haven't exactly been subtle about my love for you since before they met you..." Splinter chuckles kissing her forehead as she leads her to the kitchen where they all will make dinner together.