Chapter 34

Season 2, Episode 12: of Rats and Men

You guys are going to be happy with this chapter hue hue hue

Ruby unties her hair for the second time that day as she watches Leo stand across from Splinter sheepishly and in fear.

"I don't know, Master Splinter. This doesn't seem fair." Leo said nervously shuffling his feet.

Splinter ignores him and places the blind fold over his eyes.

"Why can't I get this stupid hair tie right? Freaking school, Nova could have helped me do my hair today." Ruby grumbled.

"I assure you; it isn't." Splinter confirms.

Leo draws his katana, and attacks, Splinter dodges, Leo misses, Raph, Donnie and Mikey laugh.

"Oh man." Mikey laughs.

"A swing and a miss." Raph snickers.

Splinter moves to stand next to Ruby who was trying to untangle the ribbon from her hair.

"Blind fighting is more than honing your other senses. It is about perception and giving the illusion of control. You may think you have the upper hand in the situation, but you do not." Ruby says as Leo continues to try to hit Splinter who simply dodges causing him to fall to the floor and for his brothers to laugh more.

"Looks like someone needs a shower." Mikey mocks Leo.

"How's that floor tasting, Lame-nardo?" Raph mocks only for Splinter to appear behind them and whack them upside the head with the wooden sword.

"If you boys keep laughing, you'll have to fight me." Ruby says making them go quiet instantly.

"It is not hard to sense loudmouths." Splinter said with a smirk.

Splinter suddenly gets a flash of rat king's face and clutches his head in pain causing Ruby to stop trying to get the ribbon untangled from her hair and look at him in concern.

The boys don't notice as Raph begins picking at Mikey.

Splinter turns from his family and removes the blind fold, panting.

Rat King's eyes flash in his head again causing him to wince.

"You Turtles!" Splinter suddenly says causing all the boys to look at him in confusion and fear, "You will all-" Splinter raises the Leo's katana in the air only to snap out of it.

"Master Splinter, are you alright?" Leo asks as Splinter drops the sword and moves away from everyone in alarm and fear.

Splinter drops to his hands and knees in anguish.

"I'm sorry, my family. This is-" Splinter gasps as he feels Ruby's warm hands on his cheeks.

"Something is wrong. I must meditate. We will continue this training another time." Splinter said before the boys left.

"Yo, did you see that? Sensei gave me the crazy eyes." Mikey asked his brothers as they walk out.

Ruby continues to cup Splinter's face in her hands, "Yoyo, are you okay? Be honest with me." Ruby says leaning down to meet his maroon eyes.

"Ruby..." Splinter says staring into her beautiful wolf like red eyes.

"Maybe you should rest or meditate, I'm going to go pick up Nova." Ruby says before kissing his nose and standing and leaving the dojo but not without looking back at him in concern first.

***

Splinter decides to take Ruby's advice and meditates.

As he meditated in front of the shrine full of pictures of his family he suddenly got flashes of the Rat King flash through his mind.