Chapter 21

This chapter is going on during the events of Parasitica 

This chapter is going to be short because it's my birthday.

Season 1, Episode 23: Parasitica

Ruby and Nova watched from afar as Splinter trained April.

"Mom, after this can me, you and dad visit the street food next door?" Nova asks, she was kind of bitter she didn't get to see her grandparents.

 The Lotus had many areas in their ownership and this was one that wasn't at all close to the clan. Not many members came to this area, unless they were coming to visit the street food or training others who weren't going to be in the Lotus clan.

And this is one of the scenario 2 moments. Ruby was a bit bitter that Splinter took April on this trip but didn't comment on it. She understood that he made a promise to train April until the girl gave in or until she managed to succeed.

"It may just be you and me, my love." Ruby told Nova watching April get thrown across the grassy field by Splinter who hadn't broke a sweat. "Something tells me, April has a long way to go." 

Ruby stands to her feet and turns to Nova, "Alright tiny. Let's get back to work, that way when we do go, you'll have a huge appetite."  

Nova stands to her feet and the two begin their training.

**

That night Splinter and Ruby sat at the campfire together. April and Nova had gone to sleep a while ago.

Ruby not taking her eyes off the fire rests her head on his shoulder, relaying a silent message to him. Splinter understanding rests his head on top her own.

"Ruby, tomorrow. I promise." Splinter whispers softly enjoying her scent.

"Okay." Ruby says softly.

***

Splinter and Ruby watch in silence as Nova and April argue.

"Well, I've never had street food. What if I get poisoned." April yelled at Nova.

"What would we be losing?" Nova snaps back causing Ruby to press her lips harshly together to prevent her corners of her mouth from moving upward.

"How could you say that, I'm older then you-" April said.

"And that means what exactly?" Nova asks crossing her arms and giving April an unimpressed Raph look.

"It means your meant respect your elders!" April snaps at her.

"If your generation is similar to you, then mine was doomed since you were born." Nova responds with a shrug.

"Alright girls, that is enough." Splinter spoke up knowing Ruby was mentally cheering Nova on.

"We are meant to be a team. A team works together. Trash it or Lump it but you must work together." Splinter says.

"Bull shit." Ruby says shaking her head. Splinter nudges her shaking his head.

*

Ruby hums softly to herself lost in thought as Nova sleeps next to her on the bed.

"Something bothering you?" Ruby turns around to see Splinter leaning against the door frame.

"A random thought just came to my mind..." Ruby confessed as Splinter moves to sit next to her.

"Hm?" Splinter encourages her to continue as he releases her hair from it's braid.

"I think, I may have made the boys forget their names..." Ruby said rubbing her left cheek. Splinter stops using his fingers to comb through her hair and looks at her confused.