44

Y/n POV: (Sorry for this chapter)

It was the day before the third task and I was sitting in the great hall with Cedric and Adrian. "Are you ready?" Cedric groaned, "Y/n for the third time I'm going to be fine!" Adrian frowned a little. "But what if something happens?" He asked. "Adrian I'll be fine." Cedric told the boy. Adrian sighed and put his hands in his lap, "Just stop worrying for once." Cedric added, before standing up and walking away. Adrian looked down, I felt bad. He was just concerned about Cedric, but it seems Cedric didn't care. "You alright?" I asked, "Oh. Yea, I shouldn't have asked him." He replied. I nodded slowly and watched as Adrian stood up. "I'm gonna go find him." He said.

After Adrian left I went and found Sage in the courtyard. "Montgomery," I said leaning against the wall. "Black." He replied looking up at me from the bench. "Are you coming to the third task tomorrow?" I asked, "Are you?" He asked. I nodded and he smiled, "Then I'll go." I nodded and sat down next to him, "Want some?" He asked, breaking off a piece of chocolate. "Sure, thanks." He bit into his and closed his book, setting it on his lap. "Isn't that your friend Fred?" He asked, I looked up and saw Fred looking at us, "Freddie!" Fred turned to us and walked over. "What's wrong? Are you hurt?" He asked. "No, no. I'm fine, I just wanted to know if you wanted to hang out with us." I told him. As he stood before us he looked at me then Sage, "No thanks." He replied with a small frown. "Oh, alright then." I said, he sighed and walked into the corridor full of students.

***

Adrian and Cedric had made up, Cedric explained how stressed he was about the last task and he didn't want to worry Adrian. "Cedric wants me to meet him tonight to talk about something, so I won't be able to hang out later." Adrian said as we sat in Professor Snapes class, "That's alright," I told him. "I don't mind." He smiled and wrote something down as Snape made his way towards us. "Ms Black?" He asked, I looked up. "Would you like to share your conversation with mr Pucey?" He asked again with a smirk. "Not really, but thank you for the offer!" I said sarcastically. Adrian snickered, covering his mouth. Snape glared and walked to his desk, "ten points from Gryffindor." I rolled my eyes and ignored the groans from fellow Gryffindors.

"I still don't understand how he hasn't hexed you yet." Adrian whispered, I shrugged. "He's scared, probably knows my father will do something if he does." I replied. Adrian turned away trying not to laugh, "What?" I asked confusingly. "You sound like Malfoy." He told me, I slapped his shoulder. "How dare you compare me to him?" I asked making him laugh. "Mr Pucey and Ms Black, don't make me take more points away." Snape warned. "Yes sir." Adrian mumbled under his breath. I snickered and Snape sighed, "I can't do this anymore." He said under his breath.

Time skip to the next day :(

"Get up, everyone's waiting." Angelina said, shaking me. "Holy shit Angelina, stop shaking me." I said pushing her off me. "Sorry," she shrugged, "Today's the last task! I'm so excited!" She exclaimed as I sat up rubbing my eyes. "Get dressed and meet me in the courtyard, and bring Sage." She told me before hurrying out. I tried opening my eyes but quickly closed them realizing Angelina opened up the curtains, "Damn it." I groaned falling onto my back. I rolled over into my side and looked at the time, sighing I got up and went to get ready.

Once I was ready I went over to the Ravenclaw common room, someone came out, "Do you know if Sage Montgomery is in there?" I asked

Once I was ready I went over to the Ravenclaw common room, someone came out, "Do you know if Sage Montgomery is in there?" I asked. The girl nodded, "I'll get him for you." She said with a smile, she went in and called for him. Soon enough Sage came out of the door frame and smiled at me, "Hey Y/n," he said coming over to me, "How's it going?" I nodded. "Pretty well. Wanna come to the third task with me and my friends?" I asked. He bit the in side of his cheek, "What's wrong?" I asked, "I don't think I should. Fred doesn't seem to like me all that much." He explained, "Don't worry about him, we're just friends, right?" I asked again. "Right, just friends." He said quietly.

We started walking over to the courtyard and saw Lee, Angelina, George and Fred sitting by a bench. "Y/n, you finally came!" Lee exclaimed. "Took you long enough." George said sarcastically, "Oh shut up." Angelina told him. "Oh, hi Sage." George said with a smile. "Why's he here?" Fred asked, "Fred!" Angelina warned. Fred shook his head and put his hands in his pockets. Sage sighed and leaned against the tree, "I completely forgot!" George suddenly yelled. "I was supposed to meet Katie at the stands!" He quickly ran off making us all laugh. "He's head over heels for that girl." Lee said shaking his head. We nodded in agreement, "We should head over soon." Angelina told us.

***

We were all finally starting to walk to the final task when Fred came up by me. "Are you nervous?" He asked, "A little." I replied honestly, "I'm sure they'll be fine." He reassure putting a arms round me. "Thanks Freddie." I said with a small smile. "Of course." He replied.

Of course
Of course
Of course

I'm not sure how many times I've heard those two words. Too many times, way too many

"Y/n!" I looked up over the group and Saw Adrian waving me over. "Go on," Angelina said turning to me. "We'll save you a seat." Fred said, "And Adrian," Lee added. Sage looked confused, "Go with them Sage." I told him, he nodded and followed the rest of the crew as I went over to Adrian.

"Where's Cedric? Are you nervous?" I asked, "Woah slow down, Cedric coming soon, oh and yea I'm nervous." He said, I smiled a little and then hugged him. "Y/n you don't understand how nervous I am, thank you for being here." He mumbled in my hair, "Anything for you guys." I told him. He smiled and let go of me, "Cedric! Over here!" He suddenly called, Cedric looked around then ran over to us. He quickly grabbed Adrians cheek and kissed him. "Sorry, I'm just a little anxious." Cedric said with a small chuckle. "Don't apologize, you can do it whenever you want." Adrian replied. I smiled, they were so cute together. "Diggory!" McGonagall called from behind us, "One moment!" Cedric looked at Adrian, putting his hand on his cheek. "You so beautiful, Adrian," he took a deep breath, "I love you Adrian." He told him. Adrian stood there shocked as his boyfriend smiled at him, "Don't worry you don't have to say it now, I get it." Cedric said. "Diggory!" McGonagall called again. "Coming!" Cedric yelled back kissing Adrian I. The cheek before running off. "Wait Ced I Lo!" Adrian tried calling for him but it was too late Cedric was already getting ready.

Me and Adrian found our seats and sat down as the task started, Cedric was beaming and smiling at everyone. I rubbed Adrians back, "You alright?" I asked, he nodded. "I hope."

***

It was coming towards the end of the task and Fleur was called back, the rest were still in. Suddenly Harry and Cedric come through, Harry is holding Cedric in his arms. Adrian stands up, "No, no, no, no. Y/n," Adrian said, his voice breaking. I stood up and saw Cedric in Harry arms laying lifeless. "He's back! Voldemort's back!" Harry yelled causing gasps throughout the stands. "I couldn't leave him!" Harry yelled again, as Cedric's father ran down to see the situation he let out a sob. "My boy," he said, Adrian couldn't bare to look at the scene and out his head in my shoulder. I put my arms around him and rubbed his back as tears fell down our face. "He's gone, Y/n. He's gone!" I felt my shirt start to get wet from his tears. I wiped my eyes and felt a pair of arms around me, I looked up and Saw Fred, "Freddie he's gone, he's gone." I said. Fred sighed and kissed my head, holding me as Adrian was taken away from McGonagall.

"I'm so so sorry." He mumbled, "I shouldn't have let him enter Fred, I knew this would happen." I pleaded, "Oh Y/n," he said. "It's not your fault." He told me.

There we all were crying as we watched our best friend lifeless. He shouldn't have died, he wanted to live, but he didn't. I sighed and looked back at Cedric, watching everyone crowd I realized one thing. For us we lost a friend. But for Adrian, he lost his other half, not getting the chance to tell him how much he really loved him.

————
While writing this I was listening to music and I bet on losing dogs by Mitski came on with I was writing the end:(

Question: How was this chapter?

My answer: Sad, I almost cried while writing it-