56

Y/n POV

During the rest of the train ride, Sage and I ended up sitting with Angelina and Adrian.

"So uh-are you guys excited?" Adrian asked, "It's our last year here." I shrugged, "I guess." Angelina said. "Who do you think the new defense against the dark arts teacher is?" Sage asked, "Hopefully someone like Professor Lupin." Angelina replied. Adrian snickered, "I wish."

"Speaking of Professor Lupin, how is he?" Adrian asked me. "He's been fine, I think. He's been staying with me and my father." I answered.

"Well that exciting." Adrian said, I nodded and smiled. "So, uh, did Sage here tell you why he really left the compartment?" Adrian snickered. Sage scoffed, making Angelina and me chuckle.

Later on

"I'm going to go check and see what Lee's doing." Angelina said, standing up, "Yea, uh-I'm going to go with her." Adrian said. "Oh, alright." I said, giving a soft smile.

That then left me and Sage. He cleared his throat and I looked up at him, "Something wrong?" I asked. "Oh, uh-of course not. I just wanted to ask you something," he answered. "Go ahead." I told him. He sighed, "Look, I know we've started going out and stuff, but I'm not certain if I want to make if official."

Oh.

I frowned a little, "That's alright, take your time." I said, trying to make voice seem as if I wasn't disappointed.

Just a week ago, it seemed as if I was the one not ready for the relationship. Turns out he wasn't either.

"Y/n?" Sage asked, "please don't be mad. I just don't know if I'm ready, you know?" I nodded. "Yea," he smiled softly, "it's fine."

Sage gave a relieved sigh and relaxed against the compartment seat. "I'm going to go to the bathroom, I'll be back." I said standing up. Sage nodded and closed his eyes, "I might be asleep when you come back." He said. I chuckled and left the compartment, heading to the bathrooms.

I walked down the compartment hallways when I heard a few girls laughing. As I walked by, I looked in quickly, Hannah and her friends.

I rolled my eyes and walked quickly to the bathroom.

"Hey Black!"

I stopped in my tracks and turned around. Hannah. "Off to go shag someone?" She asked with a small smirk. I leaned against the wall, "Yea, I am." I replied. Hannah raised an eyebrow, "Who?" She asked.

"I was thinking, Andrew." I answered.

Hannah smirked faded. Her brother, Andrew, used to like me when I was dating Fred, so I used it to get under her skin.

"You are such a bitch." She spit out.

"I try." I replied before turning back around. "You're just gonna leave? Pathetic too." I heard her mumble. I bit the inside of my cheek and looked at her, "You remember the last few times you did this?" I asked, "you got your ass beat." Hannah glared at me.

"Hannah?" One of her friends piped up from the compartment. "Are you coming back?" She asked, "Yea." Hannah said, not taking her eyes off me. "We'll come on then!" One of her other friends said.

Hannah took one last look at me, "You're going to pay for what you said Black, just you wait."

"Oh fuck off." I said, flipping her off. I watched as she stormed into the compartment, leaving me to roll my eyes.

Time skip

When we finally got to Hogwarts, I shook Sages shoulder lightly. "I think we're here." I whispered. Sage rubbed his eyes and sat up, looking out the window. "That seemed fast." He said with a soft smile.

I and Sage both grabbed ours things and got off the train. Or at least tried to. Students were talking loudly and joking around with their friends. "What's taking so bloody long!" someone yelled behind me and Sage.

I looked at the crowd and then at Sage. "Meet me out there?" I asked, "I'll try." I smiled softly and squirmed my way through the right crowd.

My shoes touch the cold cobble street and I sighed. I felt a warm hand touch my shoulder, Sage. "I'm surprised I made it out alive, how'd you do it?" He said with a chuckle.

"Skill." I replied with a small, "mhm." he told me. I and sage walked with the rest of the group to the carriages. "Where did everyone go?" Sage asked. I shrugged, we must have come later than the others, how is that possible?

"Hello Y/n, Sage." a faint voice said. Luna. "Hello Luna, how are you?" I asked. "Doing just fine. How come you aren't with Harry?" she questioned. Harry. shit.

"I uhm-"

"Harry!" Luna then said with a smile. I turned around and saw Harry, Ron and Hermione. Harry smiled brightly and jogged over to us.

"Bloody hell, it feels like I haven't seen you in forever." Ron said to me. "We were just over her house, Ronald." Hermione told him, "Oh. I must have forgotten." Hermione and Ron started arguing, while Harry rolled his eyes.

"Hello Sage," Harry said shaking Sages hand, "treating her well?" he asked. Sage cleared his throat, "I hope so." he replied. Harry looked at me and then back at Sage. "You better be," Harry told him, "or else I might have to-"

"Harry!" I interrupted, pulling Harry back. "Sorry." Sage eyes widened, "It's fine, really."

"Let's go," Hermione announced as one of the carriages pulled up. "Are you coming, Luna?" Harry asked, Luna nodded and hopped into the Carriage.

In their carriage it was Ron, Harry, Hermione, Luna, and Neville. "Guess we'll have to take another one." Sage said shrugging. "Guess so."

Sage and I got into one of the carriages and sat down. "Have room for more?" I looked to my right and saw Angelina smiling. "Of course, get in."

Angelina, Lee, George, and Fred all stepped onto the carriage. Sage on my left, Fred on my right, George in front of me, Lee and Angelina on either side of George.

Fred looked at me and smiled softly. Lee's eyes widened as Sage put his arm around me, bringing me closer. "What are you doing?" I whispered to him quietly. "Showing Fred that you don't like him anymore." Sage answered, I rolled my eyes and put my head in his shoulder.

Once the carriage started moving, I looked in front of me to see George smirking. He looked at Sage and Fred next to me and raised his eyebrows. I mumbled 'fuck you' to him and put up my middle finger where no one could see.

George chuckled, making everyone look at him confusingly.

Fred POV

As I sat down in the carriage, I smiled at Y/n. Sure, we had a little fight about me being jealous and what not, and I also saw her making out with somebody I now hate, but that doesn't matter right now. I figured she would think the fight was just some silly thing, and me walking in on her and-uhm-Sage would've had been a small accident.

She looked at me and then turned to Sage. Sage wrapped an arm around her, pulling her closer to him. My smile faded quickly,, and I felt regret throughout my body. I should be doing that. Not some person who's only known her for a couple of months. I should be with her, not Sage.

Me.

Fred Weasley.

I should be the one holding her. I should be the one making her laugh. Not only that, but I should be the one she loves most. But then again, I was also the one that hurt her most.

————-
Here's a long chapter!! I'm so sorry this chapter took forever to get out!

Question: A fictional character/s you'd be friends with?

My answer: The dead Poets or the Marauders<3

Also! I did change my username and pfp! So sorry if this is confusing.