45

Y/n POV:
Daydreaming.
We all do it, for us it's a way to escape the earth.
We imagine ourselves in the way we wish we were, whether it be getting what you've longed for, or whether it be you being happy.
Right?

I was sitting on my bed looking through pictures. "Y/n you can't stay in your room forever." Angelina said coming over to sit next to me. "Angelina I miss him so much," I said as a tear ran down my cheek, she sighed and rubbed my back. "He deserved so much more." I said, wiping my eyes. "He did, didn't he?" She replied.

"You should go talk to Adrian," she told me, "He needs someone right now probably." I nodded. "Your right. I'll be back." I stood up and put the photos in my pocket, I had been looking at them for a while. One being a picture of Cedric and Adrian, another being a picture of us three together. I already had a few pictures so I figured I'd better give these to Adrian.

I walked into the Gryffindor common room and saw Fred on the couch, his leg shaking up and down. "Fred why are you up this late?" I asked, he turned and ran over, giving me a hug. "Are you alright?" He asked, "I've been worried about you." He said. "I'm alright, kind of, but I'll have to get through it." I told him. He nodded and sighed, "You should go up and get some rest." I told him, "That's a good idea. You promise to tell me if something bad happens?" He asked, I nodded and he let go of me. I walked to the door, and he headed for the stairs, "Freddie?" I asked. He turned to me, "Thank you." He smiled and nodded,

***

Once I got to the Slytherin common room opening I saw a couple of boys in a group.
"What's wrong Pucey? Your little boyfriend died?" I walked over and saw a couple of other Slytherin boys teasing Adrian about Cedric. "Oh shove off!" Adrian exclaimed, trying to get out of the situation, "Where are you going? Gonna go cry over him?" Another asked, they all snickered and I walked over. They turned to me, then to Adrian. "Black coming to save your ass Pucey?" One asked with a smirk. "No, I'm coming to beat your ass." I snapped, the boy's eyes grew wide and looked at me. "Go ahead, 'beat my ass, bet you won't, Chadwick told us how much of a pussy you were." He said again, making the rest chuckle. "Why don't you ask Chadwick then what really happened the last time she wanted to fight? You don't really think she got that bruise from a hangover do you?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

The boy looked me up and down. "You know I do believe you. After all, your part of the black family, correct? Wouldn't be surprised with your actions, you're probably just like the rest of them. You know what your father went through, it's in your blood." The boy said taking a step closer, I glared at him. "See yourself right now? You know I'm right, you can't deny it." He added. I shrugged, the boy laughed and turned to his friends. Great. As he turned back around I punched him in the face causing him to fall. "Holy shit." Adrian exclaimed, the boy was holding his cheek and looking up at me. "If I hear a word about my family come out of your mouth again so help me I'll probably be sent to Azkaban." I told the boy looking down. "Like your father?" One joked, "Would you like to step up here?" I asked him. He shook his head and I smirked, chuckling at his expression.

The boy I had punched stood up and looked at me, his nose was bleeding and he was biting the inside of his cheek. "Just like them." He mumbled, wiping his nose. I rolled my eyes and looked back at him, "Y/n Black, soon to be death-eater, can't wait to see you in the future and where you'll be." He teased looking in my eyes. I glared at him, "Are you mad? I'm just telling the truth," he said with a smile plastered on his face. I clicked my tongue and looked at him, he smirked and slapped me, his rings causing a cut on my cheek before looking at his friends. I felt blood drip down my cheek as I looked at him.

"You're just like them. It's in your blood, you're gonna end up just like them. Serving for the dark lord, killing people, going through hell just like the rest of them did." I glared at him, "Good luck. Hopefully you'll make it out alive." He teased, "What's going on here?"

We turned and saw Snape, the boys quickly ran into the common room, leaving me and Adrian. "Ah. Ms Black, not a surprise, what'd you do this time?" He asked, "Nothing Professor." I replied, I didn't feel like fighting. "Detention tomorrow, and get you face cleaned up will you?" He ordered, turning away from us. I sighed and turned to Adrian, "Wanna talk?" He asked. "That sounds nice."

***

I was sitting in the Slytherin common room with Adrian, "Are you sure you're alright?" He asked, pressing the cloth to my cheek. "Oh yea, I feel great." I replied. He sighed, "I know it's only been a couple hours but I really miss him, Cedric would have loved to see you mess up that boy." He said with a small smile. "He would've, wouldn't he?" I smiled thinking about him. I looked at Adrian to see he was crying, "oh Adrian," I said giving him a hug. "Y/n do you know how much I loved him?" He said into my shirt. "I loved him so much. He deserved so much in this world. He wanted to live, he never dreamed of dying." He explained letting go of me. "I have these for you." I said giving him the photos, he smiled.

"Thank you."

I nodded and watched as I looked at the photos, you could tell he was replaying the scenes in his head. "I'm sorry." He suddenly said, "For what?" I asked. "For not saying anything when they talked about your family, Cedric would've wanted me to." He replied, I sighed. "It's alright, really, I'm starting to get used to it. I really don't mind," I told him, he frowned, "At least I got a few punches in though during." I added, he smiled. "You're really something aren't you." He said sitting down next to me, "I hope. I take pride in that." Adrian chuckled.

"Adrian?"

He hummed in response, "Can you promise me something?" I asked. "Of course,Y/n." He replied, "Promise you won't try and hurt yourself." I told him, he sighed. "Y/n," I shook my head. "Adrian I'm not gonna lose you too, just promise me you won't try anything, please." He looked at me, "Promise." I smiled, "thanks."

Adrian ended up falling asleep next to me, and I stared off into space.

What if I was gonna turn out like my family, what if I was to become a death eater? Would my father? No, he'd never. The boy was right, it was in my blood, my actions, temper, what's gonna happen to me? I felt a tear fall down my cheek, I was scared. Scared of the thought of me turning into them, I wanted to be good, I wanted to be so good, I wanted people to depend on me, people to separate me from my family. I didn't want to die knowing I hurt people, I wanted to die knowing I saved people, I just wanted to be good and have people proud of me, you know?

—————-
Not sure if I like this chapter, did you guys like it at all?

Question: A sad quote you love?

My answer:

"I know a lot of you probably hate me right now, and I get it. If I could be a different person, I promise you, I would."

-Rue Bennet, Euphoria (Season 1, episode 1)