Chapter 3 : Reyna's Little Angel

Percy's POV

Percy walked through the corridors next to Reyna, their fellow students parting before them as if they had the plague. Percy didn't mind, and he knew Reyna didn't either. They weren't here to make friends, not yet at least.

They were on their way to their last lesson of the day, english. Percy didn't really like english, but Reyna was good at it, so he knew he'd be fine. Plus, Paul Blofis, his stepfather, was their teacher.

"Doesn't look like anyone wants to be friends with us." Reyna said with a chuckle as they walked into a somewhat emptier hallway.

"You two do look like you've murdered someone." a familiar voice said from behind them. Percy turned and saw Nico standing behind them. "Hi mom, hi Percy."

Nico rushed forward, hugging Reyna so tight Percy was sure she might explode if she wasn't built like a brick wall.

"Nico, you're gonna kill her." Percy said with a laugh.

"It's fine, he missed me a lot, didn't you?" Reyna asked jokingly, kissing Nico on the top of the head, which wasn't exactly hard, as she was quite a bit taller than him.

"You two drag a lot of rumours with you, you know that?" Nico mentioned with a laugh.

"Really? What's the tea?" Percy asked with a grin.

"You are such a child, Jackson." Nico replied, rolling his eyes. "There's a massive debate as to whether you're step siblings or married, because of the whole last name thing. Oh, and my friend group doesn't trust you because your arms are covered in makeup and you didn't show up for lunch."

"Well that's not really our concern though, is it?" Reyna muttered.

That wasn't entirely true. Percy had noticed something quite interesting during the course of the day.

"It kinda is, RJ." Percy said. "Firstly, they're Nico's friends, so we should probably get along with them. Secondly, Thalia and Jason are part of that group."

"Wait what?" Reyna asked loudly. "Thalia and Jason as in our Thalia and Jason? The one's we were friends with until their dad and your dad got into a fight?"

"As much as I'm enjoying this, I promised someone I'd meet them at the nurse's office." Nico said, waving to them and running off. "See you in english."

"He's gone off to see his doctor "not-boyfriend" again, isn't he?" Percy asked with a laugh. "To answer your question, yes, they are. I don't think they know it's us though, otherwise I'm sure they'd have tried talking to us."

"Percy... I'm not sure about them... I mean, think of what's happened since we last saw them, what we've done." Reyna said softly.

Percy knew what she was talking about. Ever since his dad had gotten into a fight with Thalia and Jason's dad, they'd been separated from each other and hadn't communicated. It had been more than ten years now.

That wasn't the only thing Reyna meant though, but Percy knew that as well. He knew she also meant her tattoo. It was a pine tree and pinecones, and even though she'd gotten it long after the last time they all met, Percy and Reyna were sure that it symbolised Thalia.

Reyna always denied it, never wanting to get her hopes up for no reason, but they'd all been there the day Thalia got stuck nearly 30 feet above the ground on a pine tree, before getting hit in the head by a pinecone.

Percy remembered how he and Jason had stood there, frozen with fear as they saw Thalia plummet to the ground. Only Reyna had stayed composed and managed to think quickly, catching Thalia and softening her fall. It was the day they'd given Thalia the nickname "Pinecone Face", and the day Thalia had developed her deep fear of heights.