Bonus Chapter : Nico's Solace

Will's POV

Will's mind was racing as Nico dragged him out of the shack, closing the door behind them, before dragging him behind the shack.

What the fuck was actually going on? 

He hadn't seen Nico ever since that morning in the forest, and, according to Reyna, Nico thought he hated him, which couldn't possibly be further from the truth.

As Reyna suggested, Will had given Hazel a letter, which he hoped she'd then given to Nico.

Maybe that's what this is all about. Will thought. Oh gods, what if he hated the letter? What if he thinks I faked it? Or what if he thinks someone else wrote it?

Will told his overthinking brain to shut up, which it didn't. Inconsiderate brain.

But as they arrived at the opposite side of the shack, Will's fear and confusion bubbled over into anger. 

Anger with himself for making Nico think that he hated him, anger with Nico for even thinking that was a possibility, more anger with Nico for just disappearing without a word, causing Will massive amounts of worry.

"Care to explain this, Solace?" Nico growled, holding up the letter Will had sent him.

"Only when you explain why the fuck you just disappeared." Will shot back.

"I don't need to explain anything! I don't deserve these friendships, and if you knew what I did, then you'd fucking agree with me!" Nico shouted. 

"And why would I ever think that?" Will shouted back.

"I don't just kill people Will! I fucking tortured someone!" Nico yelled, tears welling in his eyes.

"What about Percy and Reyna, huh? You're still chummy with them, aren't you?" 

"That's because they're almost the same! You haven't seen what Percy can do when he's angry! You don't know what Reyna did to someone who kidnapped Percy!" Nico shot back. "You'd never understand, but we will kill, maim and torture anyone who even fucking dares to threaten us! And we do it because we fucking have to! If I'd had done that from day one, THEN BIANCA WOULD STILL BE HERE!"

Will felt his anger beginning to boil over. There was no point in harming others. Violence was never the solution, having a doctor as a father taught him that.

"That's where you're wrong! H-"

"NO! THAT'S WHERE YOU'RE WRONG! I KNEW YOU WOULD NEVER UNDERSTAND! THAT'S WHY I NEVER TOLD YOU!" Nico was crying now. "IF WE DON'T KILL THE PEOPLE WHO THREATEN US, THE PEOPLE WE LOVE DIE! ALL THREE OF US LEARNED THAT IN THE FUCKING HARDEST WAY POSSIBLE!" 

Will's anger began to dull as he saw Nico breaking down right in front of him. No matter how angry he was, he still loved him.

"YOU CAN'T WIN AGAINST SOMEONE LIKE LUKE WITHOUT VIOLENCE! NOTHING ELSE WORKS AGAINST PEOPLE LIKE HIM!" Nico's body began to shake.

"Maybe, Neeks, but look at what it does to you." Will said softly. "I don't want you to kill people, not because I value their lives, because if you killed them, you had a good reason for it, but because of what it does to you."

"WHY CAN'T YOU JUST HATE ME?" Nico shouted and Will felt his anger rise again. "WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT SOMEONE AS WORTHLESS AS ME?"

Will had had enough.

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU, YOU IDIOT!" He shouted, storming off.

"Will..." He froze. Nico's voice was no longer loud, or hurt, or angry. "A- really?"

Will groaned and turned around to face him again. "Yes! I love y-"

He was interrupted by Nico tackling him onto the ground, crashing their lips against each other.

Will's eyes widened, before he relaxed, melting into the kiss, until his chest, more specifically, his tattoo, started burning. They pulled apart. Apparently, Nico had felt the pain as well.

Will looked over to Nico and saw him smiling. Not a smirk, but a massive, warm smile. 

Nico pulled down the neck of his shirt, revealing a tattoo matching his. A skull with rays of sunlight emanating from it. 

"So it's your fault I've had a massive sun on my chest all these years." Nico muttered with fake annoyance, before leaping back on top of Will, connecting their lips again.

Once again, Will marvelled at how soft Nico's lips were, and how they connected with his perfectly.

Will opened his mouth slightly, allowing Nico's tongue inside, and Nico did the same, which soon resulted in an all out tongue-wrestling match, with Will winning as he slid a hand into Nico's hair.

They rolled around the grass for a moment, before Nico surprised Will once again, managing to pick him up and push him against the wall of the shack, even though he was a head shorter.

"Guess I found my solace." Nico chuckled as they pulled apart for a moment.

Will felt his face burn with heat as he sensed Nico's hands slip under his shirt and across his back, placing one of his hands on Will's chest.

—————

AN: I'll leave the rest of what happened to your imagination ;)