Chapter 34 : Run? Hide? Murder?

Leo's POV

"Suggestions?" Nico asked into the group. "I mean, finding and killing him, obviously..."

"Yeah, I was gonna say." Percy growled, scaring Leo a lot. "Killing him is definitely the most important thing."

The moment Percy had found out Luke had escaped, he'd called everyone and they all gathered in the shack.

"What about the guy that helped him escape?" Piper asked. "Octavian, was it?"

"How do you know him, Reyna?" Calypso asked. "Neither of you have ever mentioned him before." She added, gesturing to Reyna and Percy.

That struck a slight cord with Leo. He often forgot that Calypso knew Percy and Reyna longer than most of them, including him. 

What he never forgot, though, was the fact that Calypso and Percy had been a couple before. It bugged him for multiple reasons, chief among them being the fact that Percy never really treated her as his number one priority.

It was pathetic, Leo would be the first to admit that, but he didn't exactly understand how Percy could possibly have put Reyna above Calypso.

"Stop staring, Repair Boy," Calypso whispered. "Now is not the time."

"There's always time to stare at you, Sunshine." Leo smirked, but turned his attention back to the topic at hand.

"Ok, but us three are gonna kill him and Octavian and anyone who follows them, but what about the others?" Reyna asked, gesturing to the rest of the group.

"I mean... WITSEC?" Annabeth suggested.

"I don't like the idea of witness protection," Percy sighed. "For multiple reasons."

"How is WITSEC not a good idea?" Jason asked.

Percy's expression turned even more grim. "His escape proved one thing: he has too many people in his pocket. We don't know who we can trust."

"He's right." Nico agreed. "Then there's the fact you'll probably all get separated, which means it'll be harder to keep track of you."

"And the fact that putting all of us into WITSEC would alert Luke to the fact that we know he's escaped." Thalia added.

"Exactly." Percy groaned. "He thinks he has the element of surprise, which we can use to our advantage."

"Yeah, but if we go back to school as if nothing was wrong, Luke could attack us there and we can't really defend ourselves." Leo mentioned.

"Fuck!" Percy groaned again. Leo had no idea what was getting him so riled up.

"Percy..." Leo was being very brave asking a question like the one he was about to ask. "What is going on?"

"You mean other than the fact the person who has taken more from me than everyone else in my life combined has escaped?" Percy grumbled.

Leo had to admit, seeing Percy like that was scary. Very scary. His muscles were tensed and pulsing, his expression was steely and filled with anger.

Leo watched with surprise as Percy's expression softened slightly when Reyna laid a hand on his shoulder.

It was odd to watch, because Percy and Reyna always seemed like two dark, aggressive people to Leo, but whenever they interacted, Leo realised that they were misunderstood kids, just like him, broken and with a dark past.

"We'll find something, Perce." Reyna reassured him. "We always have, we always will."

"What we need, then," Annabeth continued. Leo noticed a slight hint of jealousy in her words, which, under different circumstances, would've been hilarious. "Is a place to hide that Luke doesn't know about with people we can trust."