Chapter 7 : Introductions

Annabeth's POV

"ANNABETH! WAKE UP!" 

Annabeth tumbled out of her bed, falling onto her floor with a thud, dulled slightly by her blankets.

She looked up to see Piper laughing at her loudly, rolling on the floor next to her.

"Gods, Piper, one morning with a normal wake-up call or something like that, without you throwing me out of bed, that's all I ask for." Annabeth groaned, getting up.

"Well I did try asking you politely, but it wasn't working." Piper told her with a laugh.

"Yeah, well with two young step brothers, I've kinda learned to sleep like a rock" Annabeth replied.

"Fair enough." Piper said. "Oh, by the way, Thalia said she's introducing those two new kids, you know, Reyna and that Percy boy? Apparently, they've known each other for ages."

"Huh, why didn't Thalia mention that?" Annabeth asked, slightly confused.

"Not really sure. From what I could tell, she didn't actually recognise them." Piper answered.

"What? How long haven't they seen each other?" Annabeth asked, slightly shocked. She was sure that she'd recognise Thalia or Piper, even after years of not seeing them.

"According to Thalia, over a decade. The last time they met, they were six." Piper replied.

Oh, guess that does kinda make sense then. Annabeth thought to herself, shooing Piper out of her room so that she could get changed.

She changed quickly and rushed into the living room, heaving a sigh of relief as she realised that her stepmother wasn't home.

"Come on Annabeth, eat up, we have to get to school." Piper said, passing her a bowl of cereal, which Annabeth quickly ate, before the two left for school

Annabeth lived quite close to the school, so she usually walked, but since Piper had already driven to her house, she decided to tag along as well.

She instantly regretted that decision, remembering that Piper lived at her father's mansion with Leo, who was his usual annoying, but sometimes funny self.

"I wonder what those two are like? I mean, they look all scary, but maybe they're really nice underneath all of that. What if they're actually undercover cops? What if they're federal agents? What if Annabeth has a crush on the boy?" Leo earned himself a slap for that particular comment, but that didn't hinder him from continuing to blabber on nonsensically.

Cops? Federal Agents? Please, they don't look older than 18, there's no way they could possibly be law enforcement. Annabeth thought with a slight chuckle as they pulled into the school parking lot.

Annabeth really thought she could wait until they were introduced before seeing the two new kids that day, but, as was usual with her luck, as soon as she got out of the car she saw them getting out of their weird, old Japanese sports car.

Something was off about them though, Annabeth quickly realised. She saw that the two of them were both slightly slouched over and didn't seem quite awake. 

"Guess we should go inside?" Annabeth heard the boy ask. The girl nodded in response.

Annabeth noticed how their postures instantly changed, both standing tall and broad shouldered, acting liked they'd gotten the perfect amount of sleep, which, judging by their posture earlier, they hadn't.

"Staring much?" Piper joked, pushing Annabeth's arm playfully.

Annabeth rolled her eyes at the childishness of her best friend, but couldn't prevent her face from heating up slightly. Something about that boy... he seemed intriguing.