Chapter 33 : That's a Problem

Thalia's POV

Thalia slung her bag over her shoulder and then her arm around Reyna's shoulder as they walked out of school, with Percy and Annabeth next to them.

According to the two new lovebirds, they'd only told Thalia, Reyna and Piper about what had happened when they'd babysat Annabeth's brothers.

It was nothing to extreme, they'd only discovered that they were soulmates and made out for a while, along with cuddling each other to sleep, and decided to officially be a couple, which meant they walked around the school holding hands all the time.

That didn't bother Thalia though, as seeing her best friend happier than ever was all she needed, and she had Reyna as well.

As they walked towards the school's main entrance, Thalia thought about how when Reyna and Percy had first arrived, the two did everything together, with no one else. Then, as Thalia and Reyna started getting closer and closer, she sort of joined their group and hung out with them more and more.

All Thalia could hope was that Reyna would accept Annabeth into their now-group of four like Percy had accepted Thalia, and, knowing Reyna, she probably would.

"Where's your mind at?" Reyna asked quietly, gripping and squeezing Thalia's hand slightly.

Thalia couldn't help but smile. She loved how caring Reyna was.

"Sorry, it's just... y'know, Annie's gonna be a part of this little group we have..." Thalia trailed off.

"Even if I did mind Annabeth being around more, Percy would make me like having her around." Reyna laughed. "In the same way that if he minded you being around, I would've made him not mind."

"Have I said that you two have a weird relationship?" Thalia asked with a chuckle.

"Yes. Literally every single day." Reyna replied with her melodic laugh.

"What the fuck is he doing here?" Thalia looked up, surprised at Annabeth's sudden outburst and the rage in her voice.

As she looked up, she saw why Annabeth was so unhappy. In front of them stood Frederick Chase, her father.

"Oh I can't wait for this." Reyna muttered with a grim expression.

Thalia knew all about Annabeth's bad home life, and knew that Frederick was most likely not going to be to pleased with the fact his daughter had a boyfriend he didn't know about.

"Annie... you want us to do anything?" Thalia asked carefully as Annabeth's father started walking towards them from his car.

"Just stand here, and if I punch him, back me up." Annabeth growled back.

"Umm... should I leave maybe?" Percy asked, sounding like he didn't want to meet Annabeth's father, and Thalia couldn't really blame him.

"No. If he wants a public shouting match, he's gonna get one." Annabeth muttered.

"You said she can be angry, but dam I didn't expect that." Percy whispered to Thalia, who couldn't prevent a slight chuckle.

"Yeah, I've experienced one of their... disagreements before." Thalia said. "This won't be fun."

Suddenly, Percy's phone started ringing. He looked at the screen and his face turned dark.

"Wise Girl, I- I really need to take this. This usually means really bad news." Percy said, scratching the back of his neck and looking down slightly.

Annabeth turned around and her expression turned back to normal. She gave him a warm smile, that was somehow genuine.

"It's fine, just tell me what happened when you get off, ok?" Annabeth replied, giving him a quick kiss, before he walked a few steps away.