Chapter 22 : Sleepover but it works this time

Annabeth's POV

Annabeth spent quite a while wondering what Percy and Piper had been talking about before they got back.

It wasn't because she was jealous of Piper for having a private conversation with Percy or anything, but she desperately wanted to know what they had talked about, especially after Percy had walked into the shack looking slightly defeated and Piper came in moments later looking shellshocked.

"Hey, why was that all about?" She asked Piper as Percy disappeared again.

"He just wanted to know when I was going to ask Jason out- wait, are you jealous right now?" Piper eyed her suspiciously.

"I- me? Jealous? Ha, why would I ever be jealous?" Annabeth felt her face heat up.

"Maybe because you have a massive crush on him and you really want to talk to him in private and you wish you made a move on him back at your place?" Piper suggested with a smirk, causing Annabeth's face to heat up even more.

"Maybe..." Annabeth replied, her voice quiet.

"Just make a move on him later, preferably not while we're playing truth or dare, because his oblivious ass will think you only meant it for the game." Reyna said, suddenly appearing next to her.

"We're playing truth or dare?" Annabeth groaned, putting her head in her hands.

"Unfortunately." Reyna muttered. Annabeth could practically smell the glare Reyna was giving Piper.

"Awww, chin up, Rey. Truth or dare is fun!" Thalia exclaimed.

Annabeth looked up and saw Thalia hugging Reyna from behind with a massive smile.

They may not have been officially dating, but in Annabeth's mind, they were already together, perhaps without the kisses and the I love you's, but the way they acted around each other outside of school and around their friends showed that they definitely had feelings for one another, and were more than aware of that.

"I got food!" Percy's voice caused Annabeth to jerk her head towards the door. "And an insane baby sister."

Annabeth burst out laughing, along with Piper, Reyna and Thalia, as Percy walked in with a plate of cookies and a small girl clinging onto his leg.

The girl was small, obviously, but she also had Percy's sea green eyes, which always took Annabeth's breath away, and Paul's hair.

"Stelle, this is Piper and that's Annabeth," Annabeth's heart nearly stopped when he smiled and gestured towards her. "And you remember Thalia, right."

"Thalia!" The little girl exclaimed, running forwards and hugging Thalia's leg. "Reyna talks about you, a lot."

"Does she now? Well maybe I'll take her out back and-"

"Thalia she's two!" Reyna interrupted her, causing Percy to keel over in an attempt to prevent his laughter.

That was even better than Annabeth could have possibly imagined, as the hyperactive two year old clambered onto him and jumped around on him as he was lying on his back.

Suddenly, Estelle froze as she looked at Annabeth.

"Ooh, she's pretty." Estelle said, squeaking slightly as Percy got up and picked her up in one movement.

"Yeah, very." Annabeth's face turned red as she heard Percy mummle those words to Estelle as he kissed her on the cheek.

If he wasn't so busy making her blush, Annabeth may have had the time to admire how adorable Percy was, and how good he was at handling his little sister.