Chapter 30 : Soulmate Lessons

Frank's POV

Frank sat down for his history class, which he thankfully had with most of his friends, and was more bored than he had been in a long time.

History was the last lesson of the day, but everything before that had just been the teachers talking about stuff no one cared about.

He'd never fallen asleep in class before, but he was very close to falling asleep.

The only entertainment all day came in the form of Percy, Reyna and Nico appearing halfway through the day, having missed the entire morning of lessons, dressed in all black suits and looking very grim.

They hadn't told anyone where they were, but Frank could tell that they had just come from one of the three funerals they would be attending that week.

Nico looked worst of all three, and when they'd arrived, he simply kept his head down, walking straight into Will's arms and burying his face in Will's chest.

After having done that, he then disappeared again, though that was because he had lessons without anyone else from their group.

During the breaks, there was an odd sense of quiet, with the exception of Leo's bad puns.

A lot had changed the groups dynamic in recent weeks, with the uncovering of the bodies and the resulting prospect of multiple funerals, Percy, Reyna and Nico had become slightly closed off, and in Nico's case, extremely closed off.

According to Hazel, he'd barely spoken at all in the two days leading up to the funeral, and that morning, he hadn't said a single word.

Then there was the subject of Travis. After the soccer game, Travis had seemed slightly happier, though that was most likely due to Katie not leaving his side, but he was still very quiet and hadn't pranked Katie in a week and a half now.

All those thoughts vanished as Hazel suddenly slid into the seat next to Frank, giving him a warm smile.

That smile had been giving Frank butterflied pretty much ever since they'd first met, and he never got tired of seeing her smile.

"Hey Frank." She said, still smiling as she unpacked her bag.

"H- hey Hazel." Frank replied, mentally punching himself for stuttering like that.

Piper walked by them, sitting down next to Jason, and winked at Frank, causing his face to heat up slightly, so he quickly turned away from Hazel to look out of the window.

Soon, Mr. Brunner rolled into class on his wheelchair, and began explaining the Second World War topic when he suddenly smacked himself on the forehead.

"I'm so sorry kids, I completely forgot I was supposed to do something else today." He announced with a slight chuckle, grabbing the papers off of his desk and disappearing into an office.

Moments later, he reappeared with different papers and a slight smile on his face.

"Right, sorry about that, me and Dionysus had an interesting conversation about board games just now and I totally forgot we were supposed to do soulmates today." He said, drawing a few laughs from the class.

Leave it to Mr. Brunner and Mr. D to get lost in a conversation about board games of all things.

Frank had seen many people get lost in conversations with odd topics, like Percy and Thalia getting into a fight about whether Green Day or Fall Out Boy was the better band, or when Percy, Reyna and the bartender from the restaurant they'd gone to after the game had gotten into a conversation about F1. But a conversation about board games would most definitely have taken the cake for weirdest conversation ever.