Chapter 24 : Percabeth Date

Annabeth's POV

Annabeth was almost shaking with nervousness. Her date with Percy was only an hour away now.

She'd called Piper and gone to her house, not really wanting to deal with her dad, stepmother and stepbrothers before something as important as a first date with Percy.

Unfortunately, she'd forgotten that Leo lives with Piper, and to add to the embarrassment, Thalia had come, and Calypso was there to visit Leo as well.

Thalia wasn't too bad, but Leo was teasing her and Calypso being there made it slightly awkward for Annabeth.

Suddenly, Thalia's phone rang. Thalia picked up and put it on speaker, mouthing "Reyna".

"Oh my gods, Lia, please put Annabeth on." Reyna's annoyed voice came through the phone.

"You're on speaker with Piper, Leo, Calypso and Annie, Rey, what's up?" Thalia asked.

"As much as I love Percy, this guy will not stop panicking, so please take it easy on him." Reyna pleaded. "He's so fucking nervous."

"Don't worry, he's not the only one." Piper snickered, nudging Annabeth's shoulder.

"Well in that case, good luck and have fun." Reyna replied. "Not too much fun though."

Annabeth groaned. The phone call wasn't helping. At all.

"Also, if you hurt him, you die." Reyna threatened, hanging up.

"Well that isn't scary at all." Annabeth muttered, feeling sweat form on her forehead. "No pressure?"

"Rey's just a bit overprotective. You have nothing to worry about." Thalia assured her.

"Thalia's right, actually." Calypso agreed, which slightly shocked Annabeth. "I've known Percy for a while now, and he's never looked at anyone the way he looks at you."

"And that would be?" Annabeth asked, slightly intrigued.

"Completely in love." Piper answered.

"I- wha- no- wait what?" Annabeth didn't believe that could be possible.

"Seriously Annabeth," Leo began. "Don't fuck this up. He will not shut up about you when he gets going."

"Wait, when he "gets going"? What does that mean?" Annabeth asked, raising a brow, as did the others.

Leo suddenly looked very nervous. "Just because we're boys you think we don't talk about love and stuff like that?"

"Well... kinda?" Calypso said.

"Well we do. When you aren't around we talk about loads of stuff we don't talk about when you are around." Leo replied.

"Like...?" Piper motioned for him to explain, all while Annabeth was still very close to imploding from embarrassment.

"Hey, you ok?" Thalia whispered to Annabeth.

Annabeth was glad that Thalia knew her so well.

"Not even close." Annabeth whispered back, shaking her head slightly.

"On a scale of one to ten, how nervous are you right now, because I assume it's your nervousness." Thalia asked.

"69."

"See, you still have your sense of humour." Thalia laughed. "Just remember, Percy is as nervous as you are, and he really, really, likes you."

"How can you be so sure?" Annabeth asked, knowing that Thalia was only saying it to encourage her.

"Well, first of all, he said yes-"