Chapter 27 : 3 Sad Bois

Leo's POV

"This thing go any faster?" Travis mumbled.

"You bet it does." Percy chuckled, speeding up to an absurd speed that Leo was sure wouldn't win him any favours with the cops.

Leo still wasn't quite sure what was going on, but after winning the game and practically becoming the hero of the school, Travis has disappeared, along with Percy, who'd texted Leo and asked him to meet behind the school.

From there, they got into Percy's car and drove off, with Percy only telling him they were going to a place where they could relax and clear their minds.

Leo did have a suspicion that it had something to do with Travis' recent mood. It was no secret that something wasn't right with Travis, and if doing whatever it was they were doing would help him, then Leo was all for it.

"Where are we going?" He asked as they raced through a countryside road. How Percy managed to find empty roads in LA, Leo had no idea, but he wasn't about to complain.

"A quiet place only me and Reyna know about." Percy replied, his face contorting slightly as he said Reyna's name.

"Oh yeah, she is pissed I tell you." Leo said, reading his mind.

"Ah, she's been pissed off at me before, it's nothing I can't handle." Percy chuckled lightly. "She'll understand. This is something she won't be able to help with."

"Right..." Leo trailed off, noticing Travis hadn't said anything other than his request to drive faster.

Leo wasn't sure exactly what it was, though Percy did seem to know, but all he knew was that Travis was hurting, and that he wasn't really in the mood for talking due to it, or about it.

After a moment of thought, Leo realised what Percy was doing. He was taking them to a quiet, tranquil place so they could relax, and so that Travis would perhaps open up to them and tell them what was going on.

It was a slightly odd experience for Leo, as his friendship with Travis had always been based off of their horrifically bad jokes and references, along with the pranks they pulled, mainly on Katie.

But this was different. They never really talked about their feelings with each other, after all, they both used humour to deflect their actual feelings, because after all, what kind of class clown isn't happy?

Leo was pulled from his thoughts as Percy pulled over, getting out of the car.

He realised that Percy had parked right next to his house, as if he'd simply driven them to his place.

"Percy, you have a little sister. There is no way that shack is a tranquil place." Leo commented.

"Who said we're going the shack?" Percy laughed, leading them past the shack towards and into the woods that lay behind it.

They made their way deeper and deeper into the woods, Leo wondering more and more how much money Percy's family had with each step.

"We don't own this land." Percy said suddenly, as if he'd read Leo's mind, which, if he had, wouldn't really surprise Leo.

"Who does?" Travis asked, his voice still quiet, full of pain and hurt.

"As far as I know, no one does." Percy replied, leading them deeper still into the forest.

"Gods, Jackson, how the fuck do you find places like this?" Leo gasped in shock as they made it to a clearing in the forest, revealing a lake with a small island in the middle.

Leo almost gasped again as he heard Travis chuckle. It was the first laugh, or sign of laughter, he'd given since his prank on Katie Monday morning.