Chapter 37 : Clingy McGee

Reyna's POV

If there was anything Reyna had learned from her past few months at her new school, it was that she should never allow herself to get stabbed ever again.

Not because she'd nearly died, she knew she wasn't going to anyways, but because she had been the centre of attention in her friend group for the past two weeks, and the only people who didn't constantly ask her if she was ok were Percy and Nico.

The only person who's attention Reyna didn't mind was Thalia's. Thalia had been pretty much stuck to her side ever since she'd woken up in the hospital, and had even slept in the same bed with her that night and every night since then.

Thalia had gotten so clingy, in fact, that Percy had made a point out of calling her "Clingy McGee" all the time, and Reyna had jokingly adopted it as well.

Nevertheless, Reyna had enjoyed the past two weeks, as after her massive fight with Frederick, Annabeth had also started staying over, which meant Percy wasn't constantly complaining about being a third wheel.

Reyna was sat on her bed, with Thalia cuddling into her on her lap, along with Percy and Annabeth, who were sat on Percy's bed. It was now the 15th night of them sleeping in that arrangement, and all four agreed that they'd never slept better in their lives.

"What do I get if I can fit 15 of these marshmallows in my mouth and eat them?" Percy asked, grabbing one of the many bags of blue marshmallows lying around on the ground of the Shack.

"You're a hazard to society, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth said, shaking her head.

"And a coward. Do twenty!" Thalia added.

Annabeth looked at Reyna as if to say: We're dating idiots, aren't we?

"They're childish, Annabeth, that's why we love them." Reyna told her with a smirk.

"Awww, you love me?" Thalia asked, turning to look at Reyna and smile.

"Yes, I do, that's why I let you sleep with me every night." Reyna replied. "Don't take that out of context."

"I wish-" Thalia began, but was cut off by Percy choking on the marshmallows and falling off of his bed, landing on the ground with a thud.

"Ok, I'm genuinely intrigued, what the fuck did you think was going to happen?" Reyna asked, as all of them burst out laughing.

"I fink-" Percy swallowed the last of the marshmallows. "I didn't think. Thinking wastes valuable time. And I would've managed it with 15.""

"How can one person be so dumb but also smart at the same time?" Annabeth wondered aloud with a groan.

"Believe me, I've been asking myself that for about 16 years now." Reyna replied with a laugh.

"Thanks guys, really feeling the love right now." Percy said sarcastically.

"Well maybe if you didn't stuff your face with marshmallows we'd feel a bit sympathetic." Thalia responded.

"Hey! You were the one who suggested the twenty marshmallows!" Percy complained.

"And you were the idiot who went along with it." Thalia shot back with a laugh.

Everyone else joined in with her laughter, and after it had died down, they sat in a comfortable silence for a while, eating marshmallows and drinking hot chocolate.

"I've just realised, even with all of the stuff that's gone down so far, it's not even Christmas yet." Percy mentioned after an hour of silence. "And we've missed Halloween!" He added, his eyes widening in shock.