Four

That evening, as I settled into the Burgundy Suite, Bianca payed me a visit in her silk magenta La Perla robe and a French braid in her hair. I had just gotten out of the shower so my hair was damp and all that covered me was an ivory towel.

"Damn, your suite is beautiful." She looked out the double doors that covered the balcony. "Mine isn't as big. You'd think the prized model would get the most luxurious suite." She joked, shaking her head.

"Well I'm working toward promotion so this may be a sign that I'm on my way up the ladder." I teased, turning my blow dryer on and running my fingers through my hair.

"Mmm, good luck with that."

"Do you know where the kitchen is? Noela said I could help myself to the bottled sparkling water." I asked since I preferred to have access to sparkling water before I went to bed. The palace was way too huge for me to even begin locating the kitchen and I didn't want to call for help since it was nine o'clock and I was sure that everyone was getting ready for bed.

"Aren't you a priss." Bianca said as if she were unaware of my nightly habits. She opened the door.

"I believe it's on the ground floor straight down to the left." She said. "Alright, good night Anna." She blew me a kiss then left my suite.

I finished blow drying my hair, but didn't bother combing through it since I was on my way to bed after getting what I needed. Then I put on an oversized red shirt and white shorts before brushing my teeth. Afterward, I left my room to go find the kitchen.

It was creepy walking through a palace, especially in the night time where the only light came from small lamps along the wall and every step I took seemed to echo against the walls. Even the steps seemed endless. However, when I hit the ground floor, I almost shuddered at a sound I heard at a distance. I was entirely too paranoid. It could've been a coin dropping in the distance and I was leaping as if I had seen a ghost.

I went left down the hall but as I drew closer to the direction that was presumably the route to the kitchen, the faint sound grew closer. It almost sounded a bit like a soft panting. Why the hell had I chosen to wander this palace in the night time?!

I fell into a quick pace down the corridor and almost slipped when I felt the cold linoleum of the kitchen floor. The refrigerator was at the far end by the toaster oven. I opened the right side and was exposed to at least four different brands of bottled water but it was no surprise that such an esteemed family had esteemed taste. I took the only brand I was familiar with, Perrier, which also happened to be the exclusive sparkling water at the Metallic Magazine building.

However, when I closed the refrigerator and motioned to take a sip I heard the panting again. This time closer than before. Way closer. I turned around and cocked my head at the pantry door on the opposite end of the large kitchen. Yeah! That was where it was coming from. But what was the sound?
I walked over and hesitantly opened the pantry door.

But I immediately regretted doing so as I saw two figures entangled together. The unfamiliar female was practically naked with only a g-string around her hips and her hair tossled. The man had a black tank top on and grey sweatpants, but he was occupied suckling at the woman's breasts. That was until I had opened the door, noticing that the panting was actually moaning from the woman's o-shaped red lips. When she saw me she squealed and covered her body with her hands while the man turned around impatiently and glared right at me.

I was frozen with shock as if I'd never seen a promiscuous hook up. Which I had in the dark room a few times at the photo studio, but this...was in a private palace. We had rooms and suites for things like this. I couldn't think like this right now though, not with the stunningly handsome man shooting me the death glare from across rows of Filipinos and Milanezas. So I unfroze my nerves, forced a smile and said,

"Sorry, I didn't-" I had nothing to say. What could I say? I just wanted to leave. "Uh-I didn't-good night." And with that I shut the pantry door and nearly ran back to my suite with the bottle of Perrier. I had no idea who those two were but I hoped that I would not see either of them for the duration of my time here to save us all from the awkward embarrassment.