Seventeen

Francisco wasn't in my bed when I woke up at 5:30 in the morning to join the staff to an early light breakfast while the Palace staff brought my luggage down.

Then by 6:30 we all began to load into the limos that were to take us to the airport to catch a 9:00 flight back to JFK. I waited my turn with Bianca, who was sipping a protein shake, right at the front of the Palace.

"You ladies have everything right?" Noela asked, pointing to our bags.

"Yes ma'am" I replied.

"We're going to miss you." Bianca said with a frown.

"Try not to miss me too much."

"Why?" I asked, swatting a bug from my shoulder.

"Well," she began, "remember when I told you both that I wanted to move to New York eventually?" We both nodded, anticipating the news. "I just may be able to move sooner rather than later. Milo was so impressed with my work that she offered me a position as senior coordinator of Metallic and I'm considering."

"Considering? Take the job!" Bianca urged as I nodded in agreement. Noela deserved it and she had mentioned that she missed the fashion industry. It would be the perfect opportunity.

"I have priorities here. But I have to decide soon. I'm so happy she offered the position to me." Noela gushed with excitement.

"Well, if you do take the position it would be a great opportunity." I assured as a limo rolled in front of us slowly and our bags were loaded into the trunk.

"Yes it is." Noela smiled, wrapping her arms around us in a tight hug. "Anyway, have a safe flight. I'll miss you."

We exchanged good byes then Bianca and I slid into the limo with three other Metallic staff.

As the door shut behind me, I glanced out the tinted window and at that moment Mr. and Mrs. Da Silvia stepped beside Noela followed by Francisco. He had his hands in the pockets of his black slacks. I'd wanted to see him this morning and now it was too late because I was behind a glass wishing that I could give him just one last kiss. But it was too late.
• • • • • •
"Welcome back!" My parents broadcasted the moment Bianca and I walked through the door of our apartment. We both leaped into the air, startled both at the loud introduction and at the fact that somehow my parents had gained access into our residence.

"Holy shit guys, how did you get in?" I asked, setting my suitcase down. My father held a box of Crumbs cupcakes while my mother had a camera in her grip.

Geez, they were so embarrassing sometimes.

"Jason let us in this morning." I exchanged a glance with Bianca who simply shook her head. Our roommate Jason messed up on this one.

I heard a bark in the distance and squealed when I noticed Honey run over and into my arms.

"My baby!" I pet her black fur so happy to be reunited with my love.

"Sorry Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence but I'm totally jet lagged so I need to excuse myself." Bianca threw herself into our pink couch.

"No, no we'll just leave this here. Anna, when you get settled in, call us so we can go to dinner and hear all about your trip." My parents shuffled to the door giving my forehead a kiss. "Bye Bianca!" They called on their way out.

"Bmmmmm" she said, though her voice was muffled from the pillow.

When my parents left, I set Honey down and joined Bianca on the couch with a heavy sigh. She turned her head to look at me.

"Okay, what's wrong with you Anna?" She asked, reading me like a book.

"What? Nothing!"

"Bullshit. You barely said two words on the plane and you keep staring into space."

"I'm fine."

"You're not fine."

"I don't know then."

"Don't know what?" She pressed. I bit my lip and shook my head.

"I don't know-why I miss being in-Portugal." I partially lied. Bianca chuckled sitting up in the seat.

"Portugal? You're full of shit. You miss Francisco plain and simple."

"No I-" she silenced me before I could talk anymore nonsense.

"I know you were with him last night and whatever happened between you two clearly had an impact on you since you're missing him now." Sometimes I hated having a best friend that knew me too well, but at the same time I wanted to hug her for calling my bullshit and making it easier for me to explain.

"How do I stop missing him? I'm not supposed to feel this way. It's-weird."

"No it's not." Bianca laughed, making her way to the kitchen.

Just then, Jason came down the loft stairs with only a pair of briefs on and his light blonde hair disheveled.

"How was your trip ladies?" He yawned, leaning over Bianca to grab a bowl from the cabinet.

"It was great. How was your time here? Please don't tell me you had sex with some guy in the kitchen." Bianca said jokingly. Jason smirked at her while pouring a bowl of Frosted Flakes. "No way, no fucking way Jason." She threw her hands up.

"I didn't Bianca, calm down." He laughed. "My time here was bland but I'm insulted that you didn't trust me to watch Honey, Anna." He leaned on the breakfast bar and looked at me.

"Sorry, but I knew you would be at work in the day then out at night so I didn't want to take a chance." Jason nodded in approval of my rationale.

"Fair enough."

"Aww Jason was lonely without us and Honey." Bianca teased, ruffling his hair.

"I was and I'm not ashamed to say it." Jason grinned. I stood up and patted his arm before heading downstairs to my room in order to be left alone with my thoughts.

I needed to think rationally. I would be fine in four to five days. I was just missing a life I grew accustom to. No big deal. My mind and body would be back to normal any day now.

Authors Note: I really hope you're all enjoying the story. This chapter was pretty short but the next will be longer.
Don't forget to Vote/Comment! There are only a couple chapters left!