Epilogue

A loud crash sounded in the kitchen which caused me to leap into the air, dropping the dust rag I'd been cleaning with.

"Bianca!" I called. She poked her head out with an innocent smirk.

"Sorry, I was loading the dishwasher too quickly."

"Well slow down." I insisted.

Bianca cocked an eyebrow and put her hands on her hips.

"So now you want me to slow down? You were just telling me to speed up so the apartment would look perfect for Francisco."

I sighed and shook my head.

"It does need to look perfect but I'd like to have dishes by the end of the night for dinner." I was totally frazzled today since I was trying to get everything to look amazing, including myself, for Franciscos arrival in a couple hours from Portugal.

We'd been together for over a year now but I hadn't seen him in three months. Therefore, perfection was a must.

"I give up." Bianca threw her hands in the air. "Have fun cleaning alone bitch."

"I am not a bitch." I lied knowing that today I'd been exceptionally bitchy.

"Noela, would you please tell Anna to calm the hell down about your uncle coming to New York." Bianca said as Noela came down the steps with freshly bathed Honey in her arms.

Once Jason had moved out six months ago, Noela chose to fill the vacancy. She was a lovely roommate and even walked Honey everyday if I was too busy or if I forgot.

"Ew, what did we say about the 'U' word." I said to Bianca who perched herself on the sofa as a gesture of being officially done with my bossy behavior.

"Well your dog has been bathed. Thanks for forcing me to do it" Noela shook her head. "Is Francisco coming here for business or pleasure?"

"He's supposed to be here for business, but he set aside some time for pleasure and he's staying a couple extra days." I gushed.

"He's arriving in three hours so you should start getting ready."

"I would if I had a couple extra sets of hands." I said directly to the both of them. Bianca scoffed.

"Oh please, you ruined that privilege."

"Bianca, you broke a plate!"

"Because of you!"

"I didn't tell you to break it!"

"You might as well have with your crazy OCD bossy attitude!"

"Are you kidding me? I am not-"

Suddenly our heated argument was disrupted by the doorbell ringing. Honey let out a defensive bark. I let out a sharp exhale and went to answer. Who the hell could be demanding our attention at two o'clock in the afternoon?

When I opened the door I almost fell to the ground from both surprise and embarrassment. Francisco stood before me with a tailored black suit and a light jacket to combat the chilly November weather. His hair was smoothed to perfection and he greeted me with a glorious grin.

"Why were you yelling açúcar?" He asked. I couldn't even respond because my breath was caught in my throat.

"Because she was being a cleaning nazi." Bianca called from the sofa. "Hi Francisco." She greeted.

"Hi Bianca." He nodded in her direction. "Are you okay baby?" He asked me in a lower voice. Instead of answering, I jumped into his arms and embraced him tightly.