Fourteen

The gala was two days away and from what it seemed everything was coming along well. Scott and I had finished our duty of incorporating a piece from the Diane Von Furstenburg collection into the gala photo posters. When we finally finished the task he encouraged me to finally pick up my gala dress which I was able to pay for courtesy of my mother's generous monetary contribution.

I went over to Bianca's room, a couple hours later, to see if she too had a dress for the gala. However, as I was about to knock on the door I heard loud panting and moaning on the other end. It only took me a moment to realize that those were totally sex sounds. So I sauntered away, allowing them to enjoy their privacy.

"So how was your day Bianca?" I asked her during dinner that evening which was a meal consisting of Peri Peri chicken, tomato rice, and sweet bread.
She shrugged, taking a sip of sparkling water.

"It was okay."

"Just okay?" I lifted a brow and laughed. "You're so modest." She gave me a furrowed expression then her features relaxed a bit and she bit her bottom lip.

"Wait, did you see me go to my suite with Ricardo?"

"No, I was going to knock on your door but I heard love making sounds." I grinned, nudging her with my elbow.

"Ew, there was no love making. It was just sex." She leaned back in her seat.

"I thought you intended on having him for one night only."

"That was the intention," she began, "then he began coming every night and screwing me like a porn star." She said this almost in a whisper so that those near us wouldn't hear.

"I didn't need to hear that Bianca." I finished my chicken, knowing that if I asked any more questions Bianca would spare no details about her sexual experience with Ricardo.

After dessert was served, and everyone began to retire back to their suites for the night, Noela invited all those who were interested to see her parents most prized asset of the palace, the small vineyard and wine cellar. Her parents opted to accompany the selective group which consisted of the Da Silva family and six Metallic staff members, including Bianca and I.

However, the only Da Silva family member not present was Francisco who I had not seen the entire day except in the morning when I noticed him hop in the drivers seat of a black Maserati that I presumed was his. I didn't know how I felt about him being gone for the entire day but it didn't even matter since this had been what I wanted. Right? No contact with him at all.

The wine cellar was hidden under something of a trap door that we had to go through one-by-one.

Even in my cream colored suede heels I was able to make it down the narrow stone steps to a cool core with stone arches and rows of wine bottles and barrels lining the walls.

I'd never been in a wine cellar before. My parents weren't big drinkers so they tended to keep one bottle of Merlot on the counter for company or special occasions. Plus, New York wasn't the ideal place for a wine cellar. Maybe a wine cabinet but not a wine cellar.

"Wine is actually a huge export of Portugal. We're the seventh largest exporter of wine in the world." Mrs. Da Silva informed us, leading us down the isle of the cellar. "My husband enjoys Porto while I focus more on Colares wine." She smiled back to us.

"What's Colares?" Bianca asked me in a whisper. I shrugged, unfamiliar with the word.

When we finally reached the end of the cellar there was a high shelf that held a vast array of wine glasses. We were all given a glass which Noela filled with wine that was a crisp white. "This wine is made from Fernão Pires which are white grapes." Mr. Da Silva said.