Nineteen

By the end of the evening, everyone had said their good byes and were headed to their destinations away from the restaurant.

Bianca was having an in depth conversation with Ricardo and insisted that I head home without her. So I took her advice and stuck my arm out to hail a taxi. One pulled up within seconds and as I reached for the handle to open the door a hand appeared out of nowhere and beat me to it.

"Allow me." I heard Francisco say in a low tone. I didn't bother to turn around, just slid into the taxi and thanked him for his polite gesture. However, to my surprise, he slid right next to me and said to the driver, "The Four Seasons please." I cocked an eyebrow. This situation was entirely too familiar.

"Whoa, Francisco I need to get home." He straightened his tie.

"You will get home. Right after you have a drink with me at my hotel."

"We can do that at a bar." I insisted even though I was mildly opposed to any alone time with Francisco.

"Ah, but a bar doesn't make a martini the way I do." He joked.

"Francisco, I really would like to spend this last night with you but-I don't know if I can. I would just rather go home." He looked at me with a puzzled expression.

"Açúcar, one drink won't hurt you." But seeing you only one last time will, I thought while shaking my head.

"You know this isn't about the drink." I basically whispered, looking down at my palms that were becoming sweaty. I felt Francisco's eyes on me after I made my statement and thus the extremely short ride to the Four Seasons was a silent one with the occasional siren and hollering pedestrian.

When the taxi rolled to a stop in front of the prestigious hotel, Francisco handed the driver a twenty dollar bill despite the ride only costing around five dollars since it had only been a few minutes from the restaurant. But of course, I wasn't even supposed to be here so my ride would have warranted the extra fifteen Francisco had spent.

Nevertheless, we both exited the taxi cab and were kindly greeted by the door men.

"Come, I'm on the 32nd floor." He led me to the elevator. I kept quiet the entire time until we finally made it to his floor.

"Only thirty minutes, okay?" I clarified with him. I knew Francisco well enough to realize that bringing me up to his hotel was purely sexual which would be great for us both but afterward I would get upset that I was forced to go on as if it meant nothing to me. I knew that while I was out of the country Francisco had probably hooked up with other girls, heck maybe even pantry girl. Whatever he'd said during our last night together had been fleeting and I'd come to terms with that. Which was why I would have exactly one drink, say my final good bye to him, and leave.

"If that's what you want." He said with a reassuring smile. I nodded and followed him to his door.

The moment it opened I was a bit taken back at the darkness. But I felt Francisco take my hand into his.

"Wha-"

"Trust me Annabelle." He whispered and began to lead me down the hallway. I had no idea what was happening but I did trust him to lead me through his dark suite.

Though many parts were not exactly clear to my eyes without light, I could tell that it was spacious and elegant which was pretty obvious since we were in the Four Season Hotel.

Everything began to make sense once he led me through a set of double doors onto a terrace. I gaped at the sight and knew that either my eyes were deceiving me or we had stumbled into the wrong suite and would be run out by the rightful owners shortly.