Eight

My mother called me the next day as I worked in the third floor study. I chose to take my lunch as I worked because I figured it was the only way I would stay productive while at this place. Also, it was the only way that I could avoid unwanted encounters.

"How's Honey mom?" I asked taking the pencil from behind my ear.

"She's good and healthy."

"Please tell me Andrew hasn't tried to feed her anything." I warned, reminiscing on his past false humor where he thought it was funny to feed a French bulldog French fries.

"No, no he barely goes near your prized possession." I sighed in relief wiping a few sandwich crumbs off my jeans.

"So how's your time with the Da Silva's?" Orgasm inducing, I thought to myself.

"It's cool. Noela has become such a busy woman."

"I would imagine so. She was always that way." My mom giggled. "How are her parents?"

"Oh they're never around. But it's getting more and more hectic so I wouldn't come around either if I had the choice."

"Well their family has the best intentions." Sexual intentions included.

"Mom, have you ever met any of Noela's uncles?" My mother hummed on the other end.

"I don't believe so. However, I remember her father mentioning that they vary in age." So she had nothing for me. I made a few notes on my work then took a sip of water.

"So how's that promotion looking?" I shrugged even though she couldn't see me. I honestly hadn't really considered it too much until now. It was hard to think about a promotion with so much going on around me.

"We'll see, but for right now I'm occupied with other priorities." There was a knock at the door that sounded quite impatient. "Shit, mom I'll have to call you back okay."

"Alright Annabelle sweetie, I love you."

"I love you too, bye." I hung up my phone then answered the door.

Noela stood on the opposite side wearing a peach colored sundress and floral pattern espadrilles which made my boyfriend jeans and plain t-shirt attire look mediocre.

"Oh look who's made time to catch up." I joked, crossing my arms over my chest. Noela smiled, walking past me.

"It's been a busy few days." She sat atop the desk glancing down at my work. "Are you doing work?"

"Yeah, but I needed a break anyway."

"Remember break time when we were interns." Noela said causing me to laugh at the memory of us trying on designer styles in the wardrobe closet or flirting with the male models between their shoots. We'd actually gotten a few numbers.

"Don't I miss those days." I took a bite of my sandwich.

"So how is everything?"

"It's not bad. I'm thinking about going back to New York though."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I miss the fashion scene there and I met a cute guy who owns a restaurant on the East Side." She blushed a bit.

"A guy? That's good, but don't let that be the most important reason."

"I know, I know." She fanned her hands. "There's also the fashion scene, the food..." She said.

"Speaking of food, I heard you went to a bakery yesterday." I gulped hard and felt my face temperature increase.

"H-how did you know?" Shit. Noela was on to me and her uncle's sexual encounters. Time to start denying! "I didn't touch-"