Seven

If you are enjoying the story please vote/comment so I know to write more!

Perhaps the puzzle pieces weren't fitting together because I simply could not make sense of what had happened in my room last night. I'd been so wrong about Francisco that even I felt shameful for such confident assumptions.

He was trying to sweet talk, charm, and use his looks to lure women in. He was raw and blunt and I had not been prepared for any of it. I'd never let a man touch me like that upon first meeting. Hell, I'd never even let a man talk to me in that manner upon first meeting because I did not believe in one-night stands and I would surely never let my close friends uncle do such things. I felt promiscuous, like I had a dirty secret.

"Anna, I need you to look alive." Scott said snapping away at Bianca who wore a multi colored organza gown that had sporadic splashes of lavender color. A long braid cascaded down her back with lavender stems stuck in each twist.

"My bad." I said, moving the fan to a lower angle.

"I need light behind her." Scott called. I nodded to the stylist to move over as I went to push the light fixture behind the shrubbery.

I wish I hadn't been out in this position so soon since my mind was occupied with thoughts.

"Wait, these lashes are coming off." Bianca said holding her hand out and stepping off the stool. Laura, the make up artist, came rushing over as Scott called for a five minute break, handing me his camera.

I went over to Bianca and leaned on the chair she sat in with her eyes closed as a new set of lashes were glued on.

"Let's take a shot of tequila after this." I proposed, receiving a knuckle bump from my best friend.

"Now you're speaking my language." Laura grabbed a liquid eyeliner tube.

"So remember that uncle you told me about last night?"

"Of course." How could I possibly forget.

"Well apparently he's like the object of utmost desire over here. He just recently retired as an international model." Bianca began. Laura finished then stepped away to admire her work.

"Where the hell are you getting this gossip?" I knew Bianca was pool of gossip, but this information was so fresh seeing as she had only met the man yesterday.

"Two women from the event organizing department were fawning over him last night right after dinner. One claimed to have hooked up with him." Anything was possible I figured. "Then I confirmed his model background just this morning with Scott since I knew he looked familiar." That explained his devilish attractiveness. But what better way to turn me off than to hear about two women discussing "hookups" with Francisco.

"Then I hope he has fun living his retired model playboy life. Sounds exciting." I said sarcastically, straightening my posture. Bianca smirked up at me and got up from the chair.

"You'd be surprised Anna." She said in a sing-song voice, walking back to the photo shoot area.

"At what Bianca?"

"At what four sexually inactive months can do to a person."

I did not want to have anything to do with interacting with others while I worked on the project Scott had given me. I was generally this way whenever I did work because I hated distractions. So I usually took work straight to my office, put on Vince Guaraldi, and sipped whatever caffeinated beverage I desired at that time.

But I was in a different situation here at the Palace. Not only did I have no personal work space, but everywhere I went there was some type of hustle and bustle going on for gala preparation. Coral, our exclusive event planner, was already in the progress of pointing out where the stage would be set while men set up lights in the back. So I used this time to figure out where Scott and I would photograph the last three gowns. The grounds already had so much to offer so I figured it would be a good use of time.