Sixteen

When I got back to my room I made a bee line for the bathroom, stripping out of my gown and immersing myself in the hottest bath possible.

It was going to suck no longer being in this beautiful suite after tonight. I was going to miss the extravagant view outside of the window, jetted bathtub, comfortable satin sheets, black gift box...

Whoa, I hadn't noticed that box before! Clearly my hurried mission to the bathroom had blurred my line of sight because the box was right on top of my bed. What could is possible be? I'd already gotten my plaque and check from the gala so was this another part of my honor?

I quickly dried my body with the towel wrapped around me and then changed into a pair of boy shorts and a tank top. Then I picked up the box reading the gold "Prada" letters front and center.

Thus, when I opened it, I was both infatuated and upset. This had to be the work of Francisco. Who else would buy me a pair of the exact nude suede heels that had been ruined by wine.

Well now he would get to hear my voice curse him out and tell him to never talk to me again.

I reached for my door and when I opened it, Francisco was just approaching my suite looking like an Armani Exchange ad in the flesh with his fitted white v-neck and cashmere lounge pants.

"We need to talk." He walked past me and shut the door himself. "I see you got my gift."

"I did, but I don't want it."

"I ruined the others so I wanted to replace them."

"Well I don't want anything from you so just say what you need to say, take the 'gift', and leave."

"The gift is yours." He began. "And are you really going to listen to me?" I nodded, pressing my back to the door as he stood a couple feet away from me.
He was so handsome and sexy that I was tempted to just jump on him and have one final bang out.

"The reason I acted like a-like a-"

"Dick."

"Yes, like a dick after sex was because I like you Annabelle."

"Obviously." I shrugged. He liked teasing me and he liked the challenge. Clearly I knew that.

"No, I actually like you." He corrected. "We spent so much time flirting and talking. I was confused because we fucked..." he nervously chuckled, "and I immediately realized that I like you. Not because of sex but for so many other reasons." I looked at him with furrowed brows because I didn't know if I was hearing this correctly. So I let him continue while I stayed silent.

"So I'm sorry for the way I reacted after everything." He looked directly into my eyes during his apology. All I could do was bite my lip. He really liked my bitchy self?

"Well, we've only talked a few times."

"I know. You made me like you in a short amount of time." He gave a slight smirk. "Am I making sense?"

"Um-yes." I nodded. He was making perfect sense. It was scary how much I wanted to admit to myself that the feeling was mutual. That even though this had only been a two week journey, he had caused me to experience every emotion from his presence and I truly liked him. Even now, my heart pounded as he caught my glance.

"This wasn't supposed to happen Francisco." He nodded and shrugged.

"It's my fault for-"

"No, no I mean-it's weird but-" I sighed heavily and continued, "I kept thinking about you after that night and I didn't know why. I should hate you right now but I don't."