Neo x Criminal Male Reader

Ight. This is another idea that came to me at random. Pretty much, you have been working for Roman as one of his henchmen for around 3 months. Your 17. You first started getting interested in Neo when you saw her, however you knew she didn't pay attention to you unless it was important.

Because of your status, you would only get to see Neo once every while. On top of that, you did what you were told and you were told very little. Like for example you would not receive info about the attack on beacon, things like that.

Little did you know, that would all change in just a single night...

------------------------

Y/n's POV

It was another slow day on the job, like normal. Cleaning up the pier which we worked at, fixing up the warehouse, getting drinks, etc.

Yeah. Im kind of the "Water Boy" for this whole crime thing. I rarely see the front lines, but thats a good thing and bad.

I hear Roman call my name, so I head over to his room and knock.

A couple of seconds later, he says to enter and I get in. He nods my way and gestures me to seat.

I cautiously step over and sit down while he has his signature smile and idlely twiddling his thumbs.

I got a bad feeling in my stomach as he cleared his throat preparing to speak.

Roman: "You want to know why I called you over here?"

Y/n: "Uh, yeah"

Roman: *Holds hands together* "Ill put it bluntly. Your services aren't required any longer after this week"

Y/n: "Oh um..."

Roman: "Of course, you will still get your last paycheck before you leave, but after this week go ahead and live your life like normal..."

Y/n: "I-I understand, sir. Thank you for the opportunity..."

Roman: "Of course. You may leave"

I exited and went over to my spot and leaned against the wall. Then the impact of what I was just told hit me at full force as I slid down the wall and onto my knees, holding my head.

I was just fired. Not right now, but I just got fucking fired. Without any explanation. Again.

I felt my eyes water up as I kept them trained on my hands.

Little did I know, I was being watched.

Neo's POV

I watched the guy slid down and tear up.

What happened with Roman? What did he say?

I left him, feeling a bit guilty doing so, and went to Roman's door. I snagged my notebook and pencil out of my pocket and went in his room.

Roman: "Hey! You gotta knock- oh hey Neo. How it going Pretty Pink?"

I looked at him with a deadpan look as I started writing in my notebook.

Neo: 'Uhm, what did you and Y/n talk about?'

Roman: *Confused* "Huh? Why you askin?"

Neo: *Looks down a bit before continuing* "No reason. Just curious"

Roman: *Shrugs* "Oh well I told him that hes gonna be fired in a week"

I was completely shocked. Of course I hid my expression, but I never expected this.

Neo: 'Any reason?'

Roman: "Meh. We dont need an errand boy anymore"

Neo: 'Thanks for telling me. Im gonna go get Icecream'