Chapter 16: Argh what?

"How does that feel?" Bruce asked as he touched my once stitched up wound.

I smiled in shock. "I can't feel anything, like the wound is completely gone!" I stated. "That's incredible!"

Bruce chuckled. "Exactly, I used your DNA to create a fast healing injection," He explained. "I used other things but that's not important anymore."

I looked at Bruce worryingly. "I'm not gonna grow an extra limb am I?" I asked in a panic.

Bruce's eyes went wide. "No, no of course not!" He told me. "We tested it before hand."

As I stood in front of the mirror I took in my reflection; I wore shorts, socks and my crop top. My eyes went to my now none existent bullet wound... Bruce's injection worked. My blonde hair was slightly damp from where I had gotten the bits of blood out. Behind me the electrical sliding doors opened and in the reflections of the mirror I saw Steve walk in looking rather serious, he said something to Bruce then Bruce left the lab.

"Sky, come sit down," Steve told me. "We need to talk." 

I slowly walked over to the bed then sat down next to Steve, he tucked a stray piece of hair behind my ear making me look up at him.

"Those men, they were hydra," Steve told me. "We need to stay at the tower for a while, we could be in danger."

"That guy on the roof, who was that?" I asked. "Who could take me on like that, he was almost exactly like me and how did he know I was experiment seven?"

"We don't know," Steve told me. "All we know is that Hydra is after you. We got one of the guys to talk and he said they were after experiment Seven, he didn't know who the guy on the roof was."

My mind raced as I climbed off the bed, I began to pace the room as I thought long and hard about how Hydra could have known about me... Only top agents knew of my existence and that was at the time I was created, many of the agents have left since then?

I looked at Steve."Only a few selected Agents knew who I really was, knew how I was created. Someone must have been a double agent, it wasn't Fury, it wasn't Coulson and it definitely wasn't Peggy!" I explained.

"Sky, SHIELD was corrupt for years," Steve told me. "Anyone could have told HYDRA but we will stop whatever they have planned. We'll protect you."

"Does this mean we're Avengers again?" I asked feeling very hopeful.

Steve sighed. "Yes we are," He told me and I smiled.

Well that didn't last long!

-

-

-

I was dressed in a jumper and shorts as I sat at the window within in my room at the Avengers tower; I drew the guy from the rooftop in my notepad; I had an almost perfect photographic memory... I say 'almost' because I only remember things that seem important to me, I'm not sure how I do it but I do.

I carefully shaded the hair taking care of the lighting and making sure my lines were smooth in all the right areas but sharp on the ends-

*KNOCK**KNOCK*

I sighed in annoyance; Steve had been trying to convince me to eat with the others but I wasn't feeling sociable right now. I just wanted to be alone in my own thoughts, drawing things to calm myself and relax.

*KNOCK**KNOCK*

I huffed. "I told you I didn't want to go to dinner," I said loudly thinking I was talking to Steve.