Chapter 19: We're Not Friends!

A/N- I'm back!

I sat on the rooftop of the Avengers tower taking in the autumn view of New York city. It had gotten very cold and all the leaves started to turn brown, my walks through central park were just amazing, feeling the crunchy leaves under my feet, the breeze in my hair... It was beautiful then I would end up back here at the Avengers tower where that stupid blue eyed boy was waiting for me to train.

Oh god it had only been a week and we were vile to one another-

"Loser,"

"Freak,"

"Argh I can't even look at you,"

"Bite me,"

"Move out the way,"

"Get out of here,"

"You look pathetic!"

"Want some help lifting?"

"That's not how you hold that gun,"

"Please go stare at someone else,"

"Go back to your test tube!"

Most nights I sit in my room or on the rooftop hiding from the idiot who just drives me up the wall. As soon as I come back to the tower after school X- Twenty would come and find me then hound me about training, shooting practice or having a few rounds in the ring; JUST GO AWAY!

As I walked into the large sitting room I let my eyes scan the place; Tony and Bruce were sat on the couches talking, Thor and Steve were playing pool on the other side then in the corner of the room was Bucky Barnes; He was allowed to leave his cell for a few hours a day, we was constantly monitored by the others and wore bracelets that would shock his system if he went off on one; Tony's creation to keep everyone safe. Steve had tried to talk to his old friend but found it a little difficult to connect with him, it was bound to be like that to be honest.

"Morning Sky," Steve greeted.

I smiled. "Morning," I greeted.

"Ah little warrior Steve tells me you are cheering tonight?" Thor asked. "How long do you have to cheer for, won't your voice hurt?"

Steve and I shared an amused look. "Err no Thor I don't have to actually shout, I just wear a nice outfit and dance," I explained.

Thor looked at me in confusion. "But you said you were cheering," He stated.

I laughed lightly. "I am but not shouting," I told him.

As we talked I could feel Bucky's eyes on me so I slowly turned around to look at the winter soldier, he stared back at me blankly. I walked over to Bucky and sat on the couch opposite him so we faced each other.

"Hi," Bucky greeted quietly.

I smiled. "Hello," I greeted back.

"You look like Peggy," He stated.

"You think so?" I asked softly.

Bucky smiled a little. "You got your Dad's eyes," He added.

I looked at my Dad who continued his game with Thor then I looked back at Bucky. I hoped Bucky would feel comfortable in the tower and build bridges with Steve, I'd love to hear about their childhood together. I checked the time on my phone then stood realising I needed to get going-

"Are you coming tonight?" I asked Bucky who looked at my very blankly. "It's a football game at my school and it's my first game as a cheerleader."

Bucky glanced at Steve then back to me. "Err I'll think about it," He told me quietly.