Chapter 12:Pretty Little Thing

"Steve can I ask you question without you getting mad?" I asked as we sat on the couches watching an old war movie.

Steve hummed. "What?" He asked as he looked at me.

"Oi promise you won't get mad," I told him.

He sighed, "I promise."

I sat up straight. "So last night was Kyle's party and everyone was drinking and I was just wondering... Why can't I get drunk?" I asked.

Steve's head nearly snapped as he looked back at me. "You were drinking!" He raised his voice.

I crossed my arms. "And you just broke your promise about getting mad," I gumbled. "This is why I have trust issues."

"What did you drink?" He asked.

"Everything," I admitted. "And that's the problem, I drank loads and I didn't even get tipsy. WHY?"

Steve sighed as he pinched the ridge of his nose. "Oh Sky," He grumbled. "It's the serum, you can't get drunk."

I suddenly felt a little sad. "Oh so because I'm a mini super soldier I can't get drunk?" I asked. "Great something that will make me weird."

"It doesn't make you weird," He tried to reassure me. "Why were you drinking?"

I lay on the sofa. "It's what teenagers do Steve, we break into our parents cupboards steal some alcohol and we sit in someone's garden then we drink!" I explained. "But I may as well drink water!"

"Did all you friends go to school hungover?" He asked.

I pulled a face. "I love how your only concern are my classmates coming to school with bad heads when your concern should be me fitting into this mundane life!" I ranted.

Steve sighed. "I am always concerned about you," He said quietly. "At least I haven't got to worry about finding you drunk in a ditch."

Yes thank you Steve but how am I ever gonna go out partying but never get slightly tipsy... Thanks Captain America!

-

-

-

After a terrible day at school Peter, Ned and I went to Peter's to work on our math homework which making my brain melt but Peter had all the patience in the world with me. Aunt May also brought us some brownies from the bakery round the corner and they were the best things in the world, the sugar fix was very well needed as he battled long division and equations.

When I was walking back from Peter's apartment my mind wondered to my current life and really when I think about it since becoming a full time 'normal' child I was shocked at how much fun I actually had as a teenager, I mean I stayed up late playing video games and not on a mission or training, I went to highschool parties and I went on field trips... It was nice well apart from not being able to get drunk but I am slowly getting over it.

As I walked through the park I smiled at the sun setting in between the buildings, the street lights were starting to light up the streets and the temperature dropped a little. I tied up my long hair into a loose ponytail, I pulled out my phone typing a text to Steve-

(TEXT) TO STEVE
Just walking through the park.
What's for dinner? I'm starving!

Steve and I had more civil conversations I mean we still had a few little spats but nothing like the silent treatment I gave him before. We actually sat at the table for meal times together and we would talk about our mundane day, Steve also showed great interest in my school work and my drawings which I liked, I did have to explain a few of my classes but he actually listened to what I had to say to him.