Chapter 15: Trouble

"SKY COME ON!" Steve called.

I tied my shoelaces. "I'm coming!" I called.

"We're going out with Sam, not a high school party!" Steve said from the other side of my bedroom door. "Let's go!"

I opened my bedroom door and revealed Steve standing with his arms crossed looking very impatient.

"You are terrible at time keeping," Steve stated

I stepped out of my bedroom and shut the door. "I told you I'd meet you downstairs," I reminded him as we both left the apartment.

"And watch you climb down the fire escape like a ninja again, no thanks," Steve told me. "Are you going to fix the TV later, you said you were going to do it yesterday?"

Oh yeah I forgot about that!

"In my defence it was my first week back at school, Peter and I were on facetime about physics homework," I reminded Steve. "I was being a good high school kid!"

We walked down the stairs. "You and Peter were playing zombies again so don't even try it," He told me and I frowned. "Even the neighbours knew you were playing zombies, you kept shouting 'no' and getting all angry. Fix the TV tonight, okay?"

I sighed as we walked to the car park. "Alright, I will!" I told him.

We climbed into the car and Steve put the radio on; During my week of suspension the two of us had been getting on really well. We went to the park a lot and played catch, we went to the movies to watch an old war film which Steve really enjoyed, I even taught Steve how to play my playstation so we could play games together, we went to the park last week and we spent hours just drawing, we brought ice cream and we drew for hours. It was amazing.

Every night after school this week the two of us would go to the gym then cook dinner together but we agreed every friday we could have take out.

The two of us made small talk as we drove.

"Are you going on a date saturday night?" I asked.

Steve glanced at me. "Why?" He asked. "What are you planning?"

"Peter and Ned want to introduce me to star wars," I said and pulled a face. "They keep going on about it."

"Yeah I've been told I need to check that out," He said pulling a face. "Not sure how I feel about watching a dozen movies."

"I'm not sure either but I feel left out when they talk about it," I explained. "Ned was on about having a movie night at his, take out and staying over for the night?"

Steve hummed. "Yes to movie night, no to staying the night!" He told me and I groaned. "Sky you are not staying at Ned's, not a chance!"

I moaned and pulled a sad face. "Come on, please they're my friends!" I told him. "We will most likely make a fort, watch one movie then sleep!"