Chapter 17: Dad

Three weeks of staying inside the Avengers tower and I had pushed my body to crazy lengths. I lifted heavier weights, I ran further distances, I trained with more complicated technology, I learnt how to handle new weapons, I pushed every muscle in my body to the next level ready to take on that boy again, ready to kick is ass once and for all but there was one thing standing in my way...

"No!" Steve told me in a stern voice. "Absolutely not!"

I was stood on the bench in the Quinjet with my arms crossed and wearing the suit that Tony had made me; My suit looked exactly like Steve's but it was baby blue and in the middle of the stars that were on my shoulder pads were the number seven, I also had a red weapons belt, red boots and instead of a helmet I wore a red eye mask.

"Take that off and get inside!" Steve told me as he slipped on his boots that went with his suit. "You're not coming!"

"Not a chance, I wanna kick that kids ass!" I stated. "He tried to kill me, now it's payback time!"

"Sky no!" He told me. "We're not arguing about this, take the suit off."

"I've trained all my life for these kind of missions, let me help!" I begged. "You saw how good I was the other week. Come on, you need me!"

Steve pulled a face. "Yes you were great but you got shot and fell off a roof because you lost focus and went tunnel vision." He pointed out. "You're not ready to go back into the field. What if you have tunnel vision again?"

As I was about to open my mouth I watched as Loki boarded the jet smiling proudly at me, Thor followed him on board then they both sat down and did up their belts. I slowly looked at Steve and glared at him...

"Sky-"

"LOKI GET'S TO GO AND NOT ME!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. "HOW IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE IS THAT FAIR, THIS IS BULLSHIT. I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO GO ON THIS DAMN MISSION!" 

Steve pinched the ridge of his nose. "Why do you need to cuss?" He asked quietly. "Sky you are not coming on a Hydra mission!"

"Like hell I'm not!" I growled. "I've trained for this, I'm coming!"

"Cap just let the kid come," Tony said as he walked on the jet sipping a coffee. "She's worked hard."

"And watch her fall off the roof again?" Steve asked. "She's my daughter I can't keep watching her get hurt!"

"Steve please!" I begged.

"Come on Rogers, she's a fighter," Natasha said from the front of the jet. "She can hold her own just let her come, she's been on dozens of missions. Clint and I have seen her in action more times than you can count, she's more than ready."

I stood proudly with my arms crossed. Steve and I were staring at each other then he sighed grumbling 'fine' under his breath and I cheered punching the air. I jumped off the bench and ran over to the trunk where some weapons were kept; I picked up hand guns, I loaded them and placed them in my belt, I attached bullets to my wrists, I put two knives in the side of my boots then I took my seat next to Clint who gave me a fist pump.

Once everyone was on the jet, Natasha fired up the engine and the jet took off leaving New York city. We were heading to India to raid a Hydra base that was making chemical weapons; SHIELD Agents were able to get information out of the soldiers they arrested, we just hoped we weren't too late.

"Are you excited little number?" Thor asked.

I nodded. "Very," I told him. "This is what I was made for."

Thor looked at me. "How many of you were there?" He asked curiously.

"Ten," I told him. "I was the seventh one."