Chapter 12

===========================♛===========================

"You two be safe," mom said, hugging me and kissing dad.

"Well be fine, mom," I said.

"I just don't want it to be like the pharmacy," Mom sighed.

"It won't be. We'll be alright," I told her. She nodded. Dad grabbed my hand and we walked over to where Rick was waiting.

"You ready?" Rick asked us once we were there.

"Yeah," dad nodded.

"As ready as we'll ever be," I smiled slightly. I climbed into the back of the truck, watching mom angrily stomp inside. I knew she wasn't happy, but this was our best chance. The car shook as it started. Rick pressed on the gas peddle and we were off.

--------

: "You go in alone, see if you can talk some sense into him without us," Rick said, turning off the car. I nodded and climbed out of the back seat.

"Careful, Rori. IF he not in there, you call us immediately," dad said. I nodded and opened the door without a second thought. I raised my gun, just in case.

"Grandpa?" I called into the bar. As soon as I saw him I holstered my gun.

"What are you doing here, Rori?" grandpa asked without looking at me.

"I came to get you. We need you to come home," I said walking up to him. 

"Rori, go home. I don't know who brought you here but go home," grandpa said firmly. 

"I'm not leaving until you come home. You've always been there, even when I didn't need you there nor want you there. So be there when we really need you." I told him. He didn't react. I sighed and walked to the door. I opened it and waved dad and Rick in. They came in with their guns.

"Hershel?" Rick called into the bar.

"I don't appreciate you bringing my granddaughter in here. Who else is with you?" grandpa asked, still not turning to look at any of us.

"Glenn," Rick said simply.

"Maggie sent them, didn't she?" Grandpa asked. Rick and dad walked closer to him and I followed.

"They volunteered. They're good like that, you should know better than anyone," Rick said. Grandpa looked over his shoulder as Rick walked over and leaned on the bar next to him.

"How many have you had?" Rick asked.

"Not enough," grandpa responded. Rick looked over at us for a moment before looking back at grandpa.

"Let's finish this up back at home. Beth collapsed. Is in some sort of state. Must be in shock. I think you are too," Rick said.

"Maggie's with her?" Grandpa asked finally looking at Rick.